Jehovah Witnesses

Foxfire

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 630 Gibbs Road, Evans, Georgia 30809.
Sent my wife a pamphlet.
My Question: Where did they get my address?

Foxfire/Y2KZ71

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Q public has Property you own, mailing address, etc.

Madman

Why a KJV? Great bible, and literary work of art.. but there are many great versions, translations of the Bible also,
JW recognize KJV as an authorized version for their use. It does not have the later changes they made.

As where John says, "The Word was with God and was God", they changed the translation to "The Word was with God and was A God"

kmh1031

Well doesn’t that agree with John 1:18?

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Since Jesus was seen can he be almighty God also?

Artfuldodger

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

What does it mean to be in the bosom of the Father? Also, when you think about it no one can see a spirit. God being spirit, I don't see how anyone can ever see God. Maybe it's not literal as with eyes but perhaps "spiritually?"

kmh1031

In an illustration, Jesus spoke of a beggar named Lazarus who was carried at his death to “the bosom position of Abraham,” and John refers to Jesus as being in “the bosom position with the Father.”

The expression “bosom position” alludes to one’s reclining in front of another person on the same couch at a meal.

John, in describing the very special position of favor enjoyed by Jesus, said that he was in “the bosom position” of his Father.

As far as seeing god I think you are right.
As “no man has seeen god and lived”
But we can learn about him, his qualities
Love, justice, wisdom, power and more
We do that through our study of the Bible

Jack Ryan

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 630 Gibbs Road, Evans, Georgia 30809.
Sent my wife a pamphlet.
My Question: Where did they get my address?

Foxfire/Y2KZ71
The phone book.

The front of your house with those numbers on it.

Madman

Not if you are a trinitarian, believe what Scripture has said and what the church has taught for 2000 years.

If you want to believe in multiple gods, so be it.

kmh1031

And you are exactly right!
There is only one True Almighty God Ps 83-18) even though many make out that there are 3 in 1
Or other religions have thousands

j_seph

Why a KJV? Great bible, and literary work of art.. but there are many great versions, translations of the Bible also,
1. K.J.V. John 5:4, "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had." Compare to,

N.W.T. I can't find the verse, its gone, only the number 4 remains.

2. K.J.B. Matt.17:21, Jesus said, "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting." The disciples were asking Jesus how to cast out a certain type of demon. Compare to,

N.W.T. Again, the verse has been removed, but they did leave us the number 21.

3. K.J.V. Mark 15:28, "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he (Jesus) was numbered with the transgressors." Compare with,

N.W.T. Opps, sorry, only the number 28 remains. It appears that a person can't learn very much with these verses missing.

4. K.J.B. 1 John 5:7, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." Compare to,

N.W.T. "For there are three witness bearers." Well that all the information they have decided to give their readers. I would say it kind of falls short, don't you think?

5. K.J.V. Acts 8:37, Philip came to a eunuch, who had great authority. The eunuch was reading the book Of Isaiah, but could not understand it. Philip then began to explained what was written.

Acts 8:36, Both men see water, and the eunuch asked, "See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? Ver.37, The K.J.V. gives us the answer to the Eunuches question.

Ver.37, "Philip said, if thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he (the eunuch) answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

So what does they N.W.T. say?

Opps, Philips response to the question is gone. Gee, I wander what the Eunuch did?

6. K.J.B. Matt.18:11, Jesus said, "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

N.W.T. Darn, another verse went missing.

7. K.J.V. reads in Luke 9:56, Jesus said, "For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village."

N.W.T. Every word Jesus spoke is missing, but they did leave, "They went to a different village.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
JW recognize KJV as an authorized version for their use. It does not have the later changes they made.

As where John says, "The Word was with God and was God", they changed the translation to "The Word was with God and was A God"

It doesn't bother me in the least if it is interpreted 'was with God, and was God' or 'was a God'.

What inquiring minds want to know is this. Is the Word a true God, or a false God?

kmh1031

Detailed Research will help with many many discrepancies.

For one there is a lot of accurate information out today based on archeological finds that we’re not available 500 years ago

Many transcripts have been discovered since the writing of the KJV ( Dead Sea scrolls) and others that shed light on the entire bible and also correction.
For example;
It is noteworthy that John 5:4, which said that an angel disturbed the water, is not found in highly regarded ancient Greek manuscripts, such as the fourth-century Codex Sinaiticus

At Bethzatha, however, Jesus cured a man who had been sick for 38 years. Without even entering the pool, the man was instantly healed.

Based on those master texts, it is evident that some verses of the Greek Scriptures found in older translations, such as the King James Version, were actually additions made by later copyists and were never part of the inspired Scriptures.
However, because the verse division generally accepted in Bible translations was already established in the 16th century, the omission of these verses now creates gaps in the verse numbering in most Bibles.

Mark 7:16; The verses are Matthew 17:21; 18:11; 23:14; Mark 7:16;9:44, 46; 11:26; 15:28; Luke 17:36; 23:17; John 5:4;Acts 8:37; 15:34; 24:7; 28:29; and Romans 16:24.
In revised editions those omitted verses are indicated by a footnote at the location of the omission.

Regarding the long conclusion for Mark 16 (verses 9-20), the short conclusion for Mark 16, and the wording found at John 7:53–8:11, research shows, and newly found scrolls show that none of these verses were included in the original manuscripts.

Just a few examples of why verses may be omitted... new information, more accurate scrolls,