John wick

specialk

He raised many a good dog. Had a line of briar clothes that were better than any i've ever owned, made for the hunter in mind.

Hillbilly stalker

From what I’ve read and observed, he was a top notch serious coon hunter. He actually surveyed which state had the highest density of coon population and then moved there. That’s dedication. He opened a lot of people’s eyes on different methods to get the best out of their dogs. There were a lot of good dog men in his time, his books seemed to be the first to hit the market and share some knowledge. Most serious competition hunters will not share any trade secrets, that would be like Col. Sanders sharing his secret recipe for chicken John Wick shared a lot of information with a lot of people and is recognized for it. He even had his own clothing line for years and people loved it because it worked and was durable. I know a couple men who met him and they spoke highly of him.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Back in my early days of coon hunting, most people didn’t want to help anyone out for fear they would keep them from getting their dogs grand nite champions but these were the same people who cheated to make a biscuit eater a champion.
About the time I was getting out of the sport I ran across Mr Wicks book. Made a huge difference in my training a dog. I went strictly pleasure hunting about that time and fully enjoyed my time hunting after that. Now I’m to old and body worn out so I can’t go thru the woods like I need to. But Mr Wicks book made me a whole lot better dog man and made my hunts very enjoyable.