Just got a 250 "Ga tax refund"

ucfireman

So I filed my taxes back on March, got my refunds about 2 weeks later.
Today I check my bank account and a 250.00 Ga tax refund posted on May 16, 2022.
I had heard they were talking about a check for "gas help" but I though that was the feds.
Is Kemp trying to buy votes?
Anyone else get one?

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
So I filed my taxes back on March, got my refunds about 2 weeks later.
Today I check my bank account and a 250.00 Ga tax refund posted on May 16, 2022.
I had heard they were talking about a check for "gas help" but I though that was the feds.
Is Kemp trying to buy votes?
Anyone else get one?

Did you get unexpected money from the state?

Is there an election in 2 days?

'Nuff said.

Stroker

Got ours this week.

EDH

Kemp pushed to give some of the surplus tax revenue the state took in back to the citizens. I got mine around then as well. The wife and I filed jointly so we got $500.

K80Shooter

I'm in the too old crowd I guess :unsure: I got nothing.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Mine dropped in last Monday............

GTMODawg

BANNED
According to the Dept or Revenue all additional tax refunds will have been mailed out by August, 2022. So using the OPs data early March equaled late May. Mid April, then, for those who filed on or near the deadline, should be about late July / early August. My wife and I are waiting to retire and that $500 windfall will be just enough to get us over the hump.....not. Most taxpayers will blow that on one tank of gas and one weeks worth of groceries after we pay the extra federal tax for this year on that refund. Its insulting to think that the Governor thinks folks would sell their vote for $250 but unfortunately many probably would.....still, better to get back more of your money than expected.

K80Shooter

We filed in February,

I think I'll go sit by the mailbox with my phone in my hand (to check my accounts) and just wait.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Only the .Gov would think it a good idea to send out refunds to people when offering a credit against taxes due would be so much more efficient and less costly.

But it isn't really about the money or helping the people, is it? It's about the optics.