Know Your Adversary

gordon 2

Deep calls to deep.
Yes? :)

This comes to mind.

"I misjudged you....You're not a moron. You're only a case of arrested development.'" Chapter 6, pg. 44 Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises.

;)

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
I hope this same Heaven isn't filled with arrogance, boastfulness, and "self" that I see here on earth either. I'll add myself to bearing that sin as well.
Yeah! Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out all the "bad" stuff we think is in the "out there" (because hey "it's so clearly seen...there!")...the lying, the hypocrisy, pride, duplicity, treachery, faithlessness, unbelief, stiff necekedness, adultery, idolatry, false witnessing, seemingly intractable resistance...God knows...to whatever extent we want to describe all and anything as antiChrist that we believe "we" purpose to overcome in truth...is really being done in the only place it's ever been up for to the "dealing with"...is in ourselves.

Man, that would be a very wise God that is able to save man from himself. And an extremely kind and gracious God to do it.

The eye can't see itself.

The I can't see itself.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I hope this same Heaven isn't filled with arrogance, boastfulness, and "self" that I see here on earth either. I'll add myself to bearing that sin as well.
It will not be. And, it will not have all these "sins" that everyone holds on to and identifies themselves as............the ones listed here "neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God"

What a shame to claim to have been delivered and set free as a new creature in Christ and keep identifying as those^^^^^^

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints"

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone."

God`s people are saints. Either God delivered a man or he didn`t.

gordon 2

Yeah! Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out all the "bad" stuff we think is in the "out there" (because hey "it's so clearly seen...there!")...the lying, the hypocrisy, pride, duplicity, treachery, faithlessness, unbelief, stiff necekedness, adultery, idolatry, false witnessing, seemingly intractable resistance...God knows...to whatever extent we want to describe all and anything as antiChrist that we believe "we" purpose to overcome in truth...is really being done in the only place it's ever been up for to the "dealing with"...is in ourselves.

Man, that would be a very wise God that is able to save man from himself. And an extremely kind and gracious God to do it.

The eye can't see itself.

The I can't see itself.
Right. Sometimes the "I" does not want to see or hear from the seven generations before let alone entertain original sin. I suspect if we were willing to do it, go back seven generations, that it and every generation since is who we are. We could repent on all our sins that are still blinding our eyes to self... But we don't do such a purge... we think ourselves fresh out of a cigarette pack.. craving to be lit---All our sins forgiven.

The Israelites had a shared history. We do to.

Maybe..

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
The necessity of another "being our life", no matter our understanding nor grasp of matters spiritual becomes the necessity in light of all other(s) complete and utter hopelessness.

Either another is our life, or there is none. Such starkness and clarity only come through Jesus Christ...the bearing of the "not being" of his experience in knowing...to be found in that.

Oh, it sounds arcane? Esoteric? Too complex in a complexity...not necessary? Jesus became all he is/was not..."He who knew no sin...became sin..." A person becoming what he isn't at all...even all he isn't as in such so polar opposition to the substance of his being.

What do you have of entrance into the "what you are not"? This is your entrance into the testimony of Jesus Christ and of change He alone affects accomplished in His being made "what He is not".

Do you know how stupid this sounds to those without the spirit?

Well, actually, some of you do.

Maturity is nothing more than the ability to bear such contradiction against yourself. And not only survive there, but live there.

Last edited:

gordon 2

It is interesting what you say...

Live and let die, and die and let live. Such is the self's maturity in Christ?
Yet this is not the Christ I know. Why? The simple perspective is it not to live and death to die? What I am not is dead. What I am not is alive. Them's the questions. I am what I am not at any given time.

Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.

Why do you hide? Where is Able?

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
The work of Christ's cross upon that "self" is thorough and complete.
It is a wonder for it seems now so alive. Met at every point we may think to turn for life's appearing.

Paul understood the quandary very well and was willing to accept the contradiction of it for he had come to know it as the place of Christ's glory. When we would seek to "do" good we meet it to our prevention, when seeking to avoid the evil it is there to put its thumb on the balance and tip us to it.

What is Christ's glory in this? Would be the question, along with where's the relief for the man so snared? Of course Paul answers both. Only in Christ. Only by Christ. And only for Christ.

No we will have no pleasure nor relief if our concerning is for our own appearing. That is all the self can concern itself with is "how it looks" by its own appraisal. "If I do this and thus" I am pious. "Avoid this and such" and I appear sanctified.

How easily is forgotten (if it were ever even first seen to be appreciated) how absolutely criminal Jesus the Christ was presented by the religious and worldly powers. And I know there is a vast multitude who vainly imagine "well, the world's become a much nicer place since then".

As though like those who uttered of "making the world safe for democracy"; their religious endeavors have made the world "safe for Christ".

But yet again an apostle had a far better reading of the barometer of time and times in this world. SELF would be writ as large if not larger than at any other time.

No, we aren't fatalistic in regards to it. But neither can we admit to any power of ourselves to resist our experience in what the Lord has ordained as to be, will be, must be...even is...because the Lord has ordained it. The world is bounded by the word of God to be and show itself as it is.

And the self concerned with itself will thrash in it. The plainness of its own concerns is to be most plain...to the believer. If there be reason to be found for not only its tolerance by God for allowing it to be itself and show itself as it is...it is all to the end of Christ's glory. That it be so exquisitely understood there is no hope nor life in anyone/anything...but Him.

And this turning has all life and power to both turn away from every other name, and turn to the only one who is life...and made our life.

And yes...as self gets squeezed to make its clear display (as it cannot avoid it as all things are in the Lord's hands) He is glorified. The unpleasantness of being in the place of self's parade...will it be borne for the Lord's glory?

Is there grace for it?
(no man has ever been found sorrowful who has been pressed to seek it out...in order to bare the seeming unbearable.)

This work of having our sight narrowed, our eyes made fixed, looking for the appearing of one even in the midst of all that contradicts...is the work of God. And He alone is glorified in it.

And God forbid should we ever wonder if anyone else has been so pressed, we needn't look far if believing.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Yes of all people in the earth the believer is to have the most acute sense of discerning. Canaries in coal mines are welcome.

The canary doesn't sing "I smell self"...it just...dies as signal.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
We fight a fight that has already been won everyday. But by God we are going to keep fighting it because we feel the conflict!

Oh wretched man listen, “He who loses his life for my sake shall find it.”

It is very hard to be convinced that God sees you differently, in fact redeemed! Life will transform when you see yourself as He sees you.

Search me, try me, break me! Can you pray that? It’s the prayer that leads to Spirit and Life!

gordon 2

"And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

The corner lots in heaven are hard to give up. I'm the first to protest as my foundation is not of my own making, nor is it of any man." Why is it not settled that the many mansions are not at peace even in heaven and heaven has its hoods? Why is it that even here none are yet righteous? None.

Israel

BANNED
His elect are being gathered under a banner none of the world can recognize, know, or see. The Lord has always retained to Himself a remnant.

Their only testimony is of the righteousness of Christ and their own righteousness as nothing to be considered. But first they must be brought to hate it before they can be set free from its entanglement as appearing anything at all.

The rebuke of Elijah came not for his service to the Lord, nor in the Lord. The rebuke came for his believing there was necessity of his recitation of such before the Lord. God knew/knows better than any what He had led Elijah through.

Paul was likewise embarrassed to be reduced to speaking like a fool in his recitations but he also said it was the folly of those to whom he wrote that drove him to it.

It all works.

Many play "Call of Duty" thinking it entitles them to Arlington.

Far better to bear a little embarrassment now, than shame later.

Last edited: