Korn Guitarist Finds God, Leaves Band

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Reuters ^ | 02.22.05 | Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has parted ways with the hard rock act, citing a recent religious awakening.

Welch broke the news Sunday on Bakersfield, Calif., station KRAB-FM.

"I had it in my heart to come here and explain to you," Welch said. "I'm good friends with Korn. I love those guys, and they love me, and they're very happy for me."

Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger. I'm going to show it through my actions how much I love my fans."

Welch added that he would be appearing at a local church on Feb. 27, during which time he would "speak (about) how I got to this place in my life, and I'll answer all your questions."

On its official Web site (http://www.korn.com), Korn's remaining members said they respect Welch's wishes and hope "he finds the happiness he is searching for." The group is in the studio working on a new album, due in September, which will be its first since fulfilling its contract with Epic last year.

For now, no replacement for Welch has been named, nor has a new label home for the band.

deerhunter401

That stinks, My Son Will Hate It.

This post was edited for content by Howard Roark for content violations.

The Forum will strive to ensure that all posts are polite, professional and conform to a "G" rating due to an absence of violence, sexual content and strong language.

Preacher2671

Personally I think it is wonderful. We have enough people being drawn away from God by the temptations of this world. I'm glad to see one being drawn the other way. He should have a great testimony and do alot of great work for our Lord. :clap: :clap: :clap:

mpowell

Preacher2671 said:
We have enough people being drawn away from God by the temptations of this world . . . He should have a great testimony and do alot of great work for our Lord. :clap: :clap: :clap:

i agree. good for him. it will be interesting to see the direction he takes with his musical talents.

i've never been a big korn fan, myself. third day is more my style of music!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, this will lead a number of the bands followers to Christ! It may eventually lead other band members. Only time will tell. ::;

T

H

HT2

Wow!!!!!!!!

That is very cool.........

I guess it just goes to show........Miracles "CAN" happen!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great News. Third Day is a favorite of mine as well.

Handgunner

That's surprising, but I'm glad he's "found the way". :clap:

I never was a fan of Korn anyhow...