lake blue ridge

tr21

after 11yrs of sitting in the garage in newnan i decided to bring my boat up here, water sure looked nice when driving across the dam ! well after rebuilding the complete fuel system i was ready to take her out for a run today. now after about 25 yrs of fishing 150 - 200 days a year on west point and many days might see 2 or 3 boats it was eye opening to say the least. brother launched me and we went for a ride, PULLED OUT OF THE COVE AND MY GOD SKI BOATS, JET SKI'S AND PONTOONS EVERYWHERE :eek: i cant even imagine trying to fish this lake in anything other than a 45ft hatteras....yall that fish up here must go after dark.

LT4247

Head up the lake toward the river. The closer you get the better traffic will be. Good fishing in the river. Pretty too.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We were camping up there on an island a couple weeks ago, and I never saw the like of wake boats and jet skis in my life. The wakeboats kept the whole lake stirred up until there were waves like the ocean on it.

tr21

Head up the toward the river. The closer you get the better traffic will be. Good fishing in the river. Pretty too.
it was my 1st time on the lake so i need to learn it, but man that water looks so nice, clear and cool a big change from west point water !

tr21

We were camping up there on an island a couple weeks ago, and I never saw the like of wake boats and jet skis in my life. The wakeboats kept the whole lake stirred up until there were waves like the ocean on it.
yea thats what i thought, my God at one time i had 8 jet ski's coming at me and i dont know how many pontoons and ski boats it was crazy ! i was lucky to always fish west point during the week and there was nobody else there. i didnt know that you can camp on the islands, but told my brother we need to bring the dogs out there and let em swim ... are all the lakes up here that crowded ?

LT4247

... are all the lakes up here that crowded ?

I fish mostly Carters Lake but all the lakes will calm down some when school starts and college football. I never fish weekends so i can’t relate but its even bad on week days during summer. So I fish at night or don’t go at all. Fall and Spring fishing is much more desirable.

hipster dufus

Jackson n oconee the same on weekends, dont go near on weekends. Im retired so i fish weekdays. Its true the traffic dies way down after labor day. I hate them wake boats, dont know how they get away w messing up shoreline and property.

bany

after 11yrs of sitting in the garage in newnan i decided to bring my boat up here, water sure looked nice when driving across the dam ! well after rebuilding the complete fuel system i was ready to take her out for a run today. now after about 25 yrs of fishing 150 - 200 days a year on west point and many days might see 2 or 3 boats it was eye opening to say the least. brother launched me and we went for a ride, PULLED OUT OF THE COVE AND MY GOD SKI BOATS, JET SKI'S AND PONTOONS EVERYWHERE :eek: i cant even imagine trying to fish this lake in anything other than a 45ft hatteras....yall that fish up here must go after dark.
Mini Lanier!

tr21

I fish mostly Carters Lake but all the lakes will calm down some when school starts and college football. I never fish weekends so i can’t relate but its even bad on week days during summer. So I fish at night or don’t go at all. Fall and Spring fishing is much more desirable.
yea i actually thought it would take me longer to get my boat running again after having sat with old gas for 11 yrs. want to keep it up here for the fall bite before carrying it back. she stays in a blacked out garage and even being 23 yrs old looks brand new after i took a soap bucket to it :)

Lindseys Grandpa

After dark, or real early . The party folks as I call them don't hit water till about 11 or so . The key is you need to be loading when they are unloading . Since I am retired I generally give them the lake on weekends . Was on Nottely early Sat 6:00 am and off before 12 . Skiers and jet skis were just starting to show up.

Lindseys Grandpa

I am surprised you were able to put in . About this time last year myself and my wife were up there and we rode by the public ramp and there was nowhere to park . Went by marina and they had ramp closed . Man told me they close ramp in summer to save parking for people using restaurant and people who have boats at marina .

Has anyone been fishing in the Dry Branch area of Blue Ridge Lake ? I am in a kayak so am limited to how far I can paddle from the Dry Branch ramp. I figured I'd head towards the main lake and try to get into 30 feet of water. Has anyone had any success on any species in that area ? Any feedback is appreciated.

Latest posts