Last 7 days have been ROUGH.

Jim Boyd

One of, if not THE most touching tributes I have ever read.

My wife, 12 years cancer free, found a lump in her breast about two weeks ago.

I was in Texas working and had to endure 24 of the worst hours I can recall.

She hit a clear checkup the following day (some sort of calcified mass) but I wish that stress on no woman or man.

Dub, we are praying for you, sir.

Last edited:

Dub

Thank you folks.

There are some truly fine people who frequent this place.

I hope this community sticks together and endures. We have some kindred souls here.

I finally made up my mind to go by the vets office this morning. Picked up Molly's ashes. I had been putting it off since late last week.

This was following an annual checkup with my doctor this morning.

He gave me some homework to do....and tweaked my few daily meds slightly.

Blood pressure was good. No diabetes. Quit smoking & drinking years ago. Stopped cussin' last night, but resumed the practice when getting out of bed and the knees started their shenanigans.

I think when you go to the doctor they have to give you some type of something to work on....or they wouldn't be doing their jobs.

I'll do as he asked and show up next visit with some stellar results. I'm competitive that way.

Dumb as it sounds, getting good feedback from the doc is something I'll strive for. Beats getting griped at about work stuff from my bosses….at least I have some control over the medical results.
The griping at work occurs no matter what I do. At some point I will reach the end of my rope and part ways with them. Hoping to stay in the ring until I am ready to retire….on my terms.

Tomorrow is a new day with the promise of a bright sunrise.

I hope you each have a great day, finish your week strong and enjoy your weekend to the fullest. I sure will.

Thank you, my GON friends.

Greg

Core Lokt

Thank you folks.

I hope this community sticks together and endures. We have some kindred souls here.

I finally made up my mind to go by the vets office this morning. Picked up Molly's ashes. I had been putting it off since late last week.

Blood pressure was good. No diabetes. Quit smoking & drinking years ago. Stopped cussin' last night, but resumed the practice when getting out of bed and the knees started their shenanigans.

I think when you go to the doctor they have to give you some type of something to work on....or they wouldn't be doing their jobs.

I'll do as he asked and show up next visit with some stellar results. I'm competitive that way.

Dumb as it sounds, getting good feedback from the doc is something I'll strive for. Beats getting griped at about work stuff from my bosses….at least I have some control over the medical results.
The griping at work occurs no matter what I do. At some point I will reach the end of my rope and part ways with them. Hoping to stay in the ring until I am ready to retire….on my terms.

I hope you each have a great day, finish your week strong and enjoy your weekend to the fullest. I sure will.

Greg
Amen brother. Hang in there man. Continued prayers for you.

menhadenman

Thank you folks.

Greg

Lemme know if and when you’d like to come climb some hills up here, would be happy to show you a few trails with the dogs and cook a few fish by the creek. A guy that knows B’s bbq can appreciate it!

slow motion

Thank you folks.

Greg
Brother you've been through it for sure. I can't even imagine what you've had to endure. I admire your strength and positivity. When my Mom died I remember Pop saying some people are just too special to stay on this earth for long. They have to go to heaven where they belong. No doubt your wife was a very special person.

hopper

Good morning Everyone.

Enjoyed my first cup this morning and about to go pour a second.

First day off after the past four workdays, each 14+hrs.

Too old for this work stuff. Not age old, but groany joints old.

It has been a tough, tough last 7 days.

This past Wednesday was the third anniversary of my wife’s passing.

27 years of wonderful marriage.

I miss Laurie terribly and I hold my head up and looking forward to the day when I join her. Will live to the fullest, but will be glad to be with her when God decides that it is time…..whenever that is.
View attachment 1299359

View attachment 1299360

Last Friday morning my son and I took Molly, the oldest of our two four-legged family members to the vet where she was put to sleep.

14 years of blessings to my family, but her hip pains and lack of tolerance to the various meds were prevailing factors in me fulfilling my responsibility to her to let her ease into a permanent nap and be free from pain.

Molly was my buddy velcroed to me whenever I was home.

She was hugely fond of her boy and her momma, too.

Molly with us on a July 4th several years ago:
View attachment 1299361

Enjoying special time with her Momma….my sweet wife.
View attachment 1299362

Molly & Helen in their Momma’s lap when my wife was deep in the battle with cancer.

View attachment 1299363

They never left her side. Helen demanded to be in bed with my wife after Laurie took her last breaths.

Molly & Helen sitting in my lap. They’d just heard something from upstairs and went on alert.

House was empty, save the dogs and I.
My wife had passed months prior.

They’d often perk up like this and seem to be dialed into something I couldn’t see. Focused on the foyer where my bride would enter and knock me senseless with her big smiles.
View attachment 1299364

It was very comforting to me. Words are inadequate to describe the peaceful feeling when they would tune into something unseen.

The girls chilling in the dog bed that is now covered by my reloading bench.
View attachment 1299365

They’d slumber while I was seated at the bench.

Helen, the youngest, became very sick 1.5 yrs after my wife’s passing. Diabetes and ultimately blindness. My Son and I were at her side when she was put to sleep.

My son had long since moved out.

It was just the dogs and me the past couple years.

Now it is just me.

Me.... is about to knock out this second cup of coffee, grab a shower and head over to the vet’s office to pick up Molly’s ashes.

They will be in an urn that will sit on the mantle right beside Helen’s.

My son is clear on my wishes for those urns to be placed in my casket prior to my burial beside my wife….in addition to any other ashes of future dogs that I may go on to be blessed with their full lifespan.

I can’t add a puppy now while I am working, but in a few years when I retire, I will be adding a puppy….and perhaps a year later a second. Active dogs that will be part of an active retirement.

I get to stick around and watch my son grow and develop.

Now, at 24, he is crushing it.

Little joker is closing on his first home next week. He is making a pile of money and loves his work.

He has his Momma’s sharp mind and determination. He has my tenacity.

There is no quit in him.

I am smitten with his current girlfriend….as are his grandparents and Aunt.

She is an amazing young lady with unbelievable artistic abilities and a drive to succeed. As my wife would say, she may be The One. :)

Time will tell.

I am grateful for a life spent with the love of my life and our little furry family.
I am grateful for the time seeing our son flourish and take on the adult world.

God has been gracious.

Each day is a blessing.

It isn’t always easy…..but it is a blessing.

Tough times......but the wonderful memories and promise of glorious tomorrows keep the wind in my sails.

Hang in there folks.

All I can advise is to hang in there and have frequent conversions with God.
Easter was a riveting reminder that Jesus Christ was there for us and endured for us. He showed us how to continue.

Never quit.

Never tap out.

Stand, head up, take a step forward....then another.....feel the sunlight's warmth and the coolness of a breeze and know that life is a precious gift and Glory awaits.

Much love and respect to my GON friends.

Ya'll have a great weekend and hug yer family members often and long....two-legged & four-legged. Hug 'em and let them know you love them.
Thanks for sharing that Dub. I normally tend to take alot for granted but at the moment I'm extremely grateful for the things and people in my life. God Bless Brother.