Latest BCS Poll

bukhuntr

Funny how USC actually has a #1 ranking from the Colley Matrix. How much ** is that? I bet if they had USC #2 in that Matrix that Michigan sits in the #2 spot.

NDFAN

That would be a disgrace.

ND has been pounded by both BCS teams they have played. They are not a BCS team.:crazy:

As you can tell from my "user name" I am a Notre Dame fan. However, I couldn't agree with you more. We don't deserve a BCS game especially after not showing up at USC. But, I would have to say that teams like Boise State, Louisville, and Rutgers should be no more deserving given their schedules. It's apparent that USC, Ohio State, and Mcihigan are head and shoulders above the rest of the country in terms of talent. And please don't mention Florida- their schedule was against an SEC in which the traditonal powers were down this year (Tennessee and UGA) and their non conference schedule had a "way down" FSU and Western Carolina.

I guess they have to fill the slots with somebody and like it or not ND will bring fans and $$$ to a bowl. That being said it would be pretty embarrassing to have Michigan pound us again!

Madsnooker

As you can tell from my "user name" I am a Notre Dame fan. However, I couldn't agree with you more. We don't deserve a BCS game especially after not showing up at USC. But, I would have to say that teams like Boise State, Louisville, and Rutgers should be no more deserving given their schedules. It's apparent that USC, Ohio State, and Mcihigan are head and shoulders above the rest of the country in terms of talent. And please don't mention Florida- their schedule was against an SEC in which the traditonal powers were down this year (Tennessee and UGA) and their non conference schedule had a "way down" FSU and Western Carolina.

I guess they have to fill the slots with somebody and like it or not ND will bring fans and $$$ to a bowl. That being said it would be pretty embarrassing to have Michigan pound us again!

I appreciate your take on your team. Alot of fans have a hard time with reality when it involves their team.

Everything U said is pretty much right on including Fl.

chadair

:
And please don't mention Florida- their schedule was against an SEC in which the traditonal powers were down this year (Tennessee and UGA) and their non conference schedule had a "way down" FSU and Western Carolina.

I'm not making any excuses for Florida, but I disagree with you saying the powers in the sec is down.

When the gators went to Tenn. they were hardly down, they have stumbled recently because of injury. And yes UGA is down, but I would not call LSU down. Auburn was upset by UGA (just as bad as USC losing to Oregon State) and lost to a pretty good arkansas team that had Mcfadden in the line up and a qb who was not a wide reciever.

And including FSU and WCarolina in the same sentence like you are comparing the two is wrong. UF can not control when FSU has a down year, but it is still a rivalry game where anything can happen.

Only thing we can compare as far as schedules go, is who will be going to bowl games, and I believe 80% of Uf schedule is going to bowl games.

I do not believe that Florida is a 1 or 2 rank team, but they are diffentaly in the top 5.

Oh yeah the SEC own the ACC.::ke:

duckbill

It really gripes me to hear guys not acknowledge how tough UF's schedule was this year. Regardless of how the SEC faired, every single game with the exception of a couple of small schools was a "big game". You have to be blind or ignorant to not admit how tough that is, especially towards the end of the season. It's like a boxer fighting title fights every week.
I don't feel like FL is the #1 team, but if OSU, MICH or USC had half of the schedule we did, things would be different. Those teams look good, but they haven't been tested. I mean tested ALL year. Playing mambi-pambi teams for weeks allowing you to prepare for 2 or 3 big games a year is not being tested. OSU looks "fresh" every time they come on the field. I'd love to see them play a real schedule and see how they looked by now:smash: .

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
chadair/duckbill,

Y'all are just getting a little taste of the prejudice that exists in the minds of ND fans which of course is fed by northern sports writers and TV prognosticators.

For instance, during last weekends drubbing of ND by USC, at halftime, Lee Corso was blabbering that the Irish were playing an awesome game and would come back and win.

I don't know what game he was watching but it was not the USC vs. ND game.

The thought that a 2 loss team with the extremely weak schedule Notre Dame plays could even qualify for a BCS Bowl is ridiculous. It makes as much sense as Boise State playing in one. Notre Dame had two teams on their schedule that were tough games and they lost them both.

You know, I know and anyone paying attention knows that any team that can make it through an SEC schedule without serious battle scars is a top notch team.

Good luck this weekend! Win it for the East!

NDFAN

It really gripes me to hear guys not acknowledge how tough UF's schedule was this year. Regardless of how the SEC faired, every single game with the exception of a couple of small schools was a "big game". You have to be blind or ignorant to not admit how tough that is, especially towards the end of the season. It's like a boxer fighting title fights every week.
I don't feel like FL is the #1 team, but if OSU, MICH or USC had half of the schedule we did, things would be different. Those teams look good, but they haven't been tested. I mean tested ALL year. Playing mambi-pambi teams for weeks allowing you to prepare for 2 or 3 big games a year is not being tested. OSU looks "fresh" every time they come on the field. I'd love to see them play a real schedule and see how they looked by now:smash: .

I might agree with OSU and Michigan having somewhat easier schedules than Florida. OSU also didn't have to play Wisconsin this year. But USC's schedule is turning out to be one of the toughest in the country especially when you look at their non-conference games- Arkansas (10-2), Nebraska (8-3), Notre Dame (10-2). I think Florida is taking a lot of heat for playing non conference games against Central Florida and Western Carolina.

NDFAN

chadair/duckbill,

Y'all are just getting a little taste of the prejudice that exists in the minds of ND fans which of course is fed by northern sports writers and TV prognosticators.

For instance, during last weekends drubbing of ND by USC, at halftime, Lee Corso was blabbering that the Irish were playing an awesome game and would come back and win.

I don't know what game he was watching but it was not the USC vs. ND game.

The thought that a 2 loss team with the extremely weak schedule Notre Dame plays could even qualify for a BCS Bowl is ridiculous. It makes as much sense as Boise State playing in one. Notre Dame had two teams on their schedule that were tough games and they lost them both.

You know, I know and anyone paying attention knows that any team that can make it through an SEC schedule without serious battle scars is a top notch team.

Good luck this weekend! Win it for the East!

SEC is down this year. And Florida got a late season breather with Western Carolina. USC would pound every team in the SEC.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
The SEC may be down this year. With 5 teams in the top 20, I believe that's 2 more than any other conference, and 1 of those teams with 2 loses setting above several 1 loss teams and one undefeated team, it would seem that the SEC is not THAT down?

Or maybe it's just that everyone else is just down more?

Or perhaps it's just a screwed up system and until we have a true playoff system all any of us can do is speculate?

Well, other than in the cases where a team is beaten head to head by the teams above them in the rankings. (Like Notre Dame!::ke: :bounce: )

icezool

SEC is down this year. And Florida got a late season breather with Western Carolina. USC would pound every team in the SEC.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NOTRE DUMN SUCKS and bring on USC just because they beat yall ,which yall are not good.

First off USC has only played a weak Nebraska Team the main guy not playing Arkansas team,and the cheerleaders from N D

OSU and Mich only themselves ,A weak Texas team and ND ,

Tell me how many 10 win teams Pac 10 have? And what about Big Ten

Both those conferences are Big Least conference except themselves maybe.....

Florida alum

NDFAN

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NOTRE DUMN SUCKS and bring on USC just because they beat yall ,which yall are not good.

First off USC has only played a weak Nebraska Team the main guy not playing Arkansas team,and the cheerleaders from N D

OSU and Mich only themselves ,A weak Texas team and ND ,

Tell me how many 10 win teams Pac 10 have? And what about Big Ten

Both those conferences are Big Least conference except themselves maybe.....

Florida alum

Not sure what your point is regarding 10 win teams in a conference. I guess it is the argument about tough a particular conference is. It really boils down to how many of those 10 win teams you play and up to now I believe Florida has only played 2 10 win teams- and lost to one of them.

ND would crush Florida. I hope we meet in a BCS bowl.

Just kidding! Hey, I know our talent level is down and it is going to take a couple years to compete consistently with the OSUs and USCs of the world. But you have to be dreaming thinking USC is not one of best, if not THE BEST,teams in the country.

Maybe if UCLA can somehow pull an upset of USC and Florida beats Arkansas you might jump over Michigan and sneak into the title game. Urban Meyer is a good coach and I'm afraid the NFL $$$$ will be too tempting to pass up.
I would hate to see a rematch of Michigan-OSU.

chadair

Western Carolina was added to the schedule after the ncaa allowed 12 games last year. So it is not like Florida could have added a tougher game.

The out of conference schedule is ALL ABOUT MONEY PERIOD. These schools can sell out there stadium and do not have to have a home and home series with that team.

If you think it is easy to add a out of conference team that is legit, just ask UGA, they were turned down by many teams this year for the opener next year before they got Ok. State.

bukhuntr

SEC Down? That kills me, the SEC has been getting snubbed the last four years. USC is the Liberal and Media favorite. As much as I hate to say it, Florida is just as deserving as any other team. We need a playoff system and put this crap to bed once and for all. USC would be a 3 loss team in the SEC. Pete Carrol would have to look long and hard for a salon to get his hair done and his nails painted. I guess you think USC would pound any team in the SEC because they pounded the Irish? Your little scat back running back from Buford wouldn't last 3 games in the SEC. Why do you think all the SEC schools backed off him out of high school. I loved how he fumbled the other day and then pretended to be hurt. He is a pansy. His daddy wouldn't let him get hit in practice in High School. Charlie Weiss thought his head looked like a donut, (get in my belly) so he offered him a scholly.

chadair

Can't let this one go, sorry guys.

Stole this fromanother site, thought it was worth showing.

"Taking into account that we have played some of the best defenses in the nation this year, our offensive output has been pretty wordydirtywordydirtywordydirtywordydirty good. Of the “non-pasty” teams we played, the following is a list of the team, their national defensive rank (in bracket), their average yards surrendered, the yards Florida gained against them, and the difference than average.

LSU (2nd) 238 288 +50
Georgia (9th) 264 319 +55
FSU (16th) 279 388 +120
Alabama (18th) 288 330 +42
Auburn (25th) 298 279 -19
South Carolina (46th) 321 401 +80
Tennessee 323 320 -3
Vanderbilt 352 330 -22
Kentucky 458 514 +56

So, of the 9 games, in 6 we put up more yards, in most cases substantially more yards, than those teams surrendered on average. In 3 cases we put up less – to Auburn (a loss), and to Vanderbilt and Tennessee, both on the road, both narrow wins."

"Oh yeah - as you chew on the above, notice Florida has played 2 top 10 defenses, and 5 top 25 defenses.

How many top 10 defenses has USC played? Answer: 0

How many top 20 defenses has USC played? Answer: 0

How many top 25 defenses has USC played? Answer: 0

The top defense faced by the "stylish" Trojans has been the 27th ranked Arizona State. Arkansas is 29th.

Easy to get style against the schedule USC faced."

Not much of an argument to show who had a tougher schedule as far as I am concerned:whip:

NDFAN

SEC Down? That kills me, the SEC has been getting snubbed the last four years. USC is the Liberal and Media favorite. As much as I hate to say it, Florida is just as deserving as any other team. We need a playoff system and put this crap to bed once and for all. USC would be a 3 loss team in the SEC. Pete Carrol would have to look long and hard for a salon to get his hair done and his nails painted. I guess you think USC would pound any team in the SEC because they pounded the Irish? Your little scat back running back from Buford wouldn't last 3 games in the SEC. Why do you think all the SEC schools backed off him out of high school. I loved how he fumbled the other day and then pretended to be hurt. He is a pansy. His daddy wouldn't let him get hit in practice in High School. Charlie Weiss thought his head looked like a donut, (get in my belly) so he offered him a scholly.

Yeah, you're right. It has nothing to do with USC getting to the BCS title game the last couple of years and being kept out of the championship game in 2003 by an undeserving Oklahoma.

USC would probably lose a few in the SEC because of jet lag. None of the SEC teams play any farther than a 2 hour bus ride from home.

Hunting Teacher

Bill,
You know how I feel about the Gators and the SEC in general, but you are absolutely right. Nobody played any tougher schedule than Florida did this year. If you guys get by Arkansas, you are more deserving than anybody else to play Ohio State in the NC game. Sadly, you won't get your chance, but that doesn't change that you should.
Who cares if Florida won "pretty" or not. To me that makes it more impressive that your boys had the guts to hang in there and find a way to win week after week. You hear a bunch of cr-- about well the Gators "should have" got beat by this team or that. Well you know what? They didn't get beat!
Don't let it spoil a great year you guys can be proud of.
It's very seldom that you're gonna get to enjoy beating FSU, Tennessee, LSU, and Georgia in the same year. That's a great year for yall whether you get to play for a NC or not.
Teacher