Where Does Bama Drop To In Polls?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
:rofl::rofl:OSU dropped from 5th to 12th when they lost to Oregon which was highly ranked. Bama lost to a 2 loss team that also should have lost to Colorado which is one of the worst team in football. Minny beat Colorado 30-0. Lol yet espin heavily invested in the sec is spending all day today telling us how good a&m is. You can't make this stuff up.

When OSU lost to an unranked VT team in 14 they fell from 4 to 19.

You can go back 20 yrs and you can't find a Loss by OSU where they only fell 3 or 4 spots no mater how talented OSU was. That's a fact. However, every year I can give you examples of sec teams that start off ranked in the top 10 that lose and only fall a few spots. Heck sometimes it takes a second loss to get them out of the top 10.

Carry in though.

Exhibit A:
1633887342879.png

Your Honor I direct your attention to Exhibit A. If you'll notice in 2016-2017 OSU was put in the CFP OVER an 11-2 PSU B1G CHAMPION that BEAT them head to head on Oct. 22nd as an UNRANKED team, while OSU was ranked 2nd. If you'll notice in Exhibit B OSU ONLY dropped to #6 in the polls following that loss to an UNRANKED TEAM.

Exhibit B:
1633887914460.png

Again I direct your attention to Exhibit A and the 2020-2021 season. If you'll notice OSU was allowed into the CFP after ONLY 6 games, all other participants had to play 11, nearly DOUBLE what OSU did, and the had to have the B1G CHANGE their own rule that member institutions must play a MINIMUM of 6 games in order to be eligible for the BCG. (See Exhibit C)

Exhibit C:
1633888442927.png

Please note also from Exhibit A, 2020-2021 Season the number of other UNDEFEATED and one loss teams that played between 6 and 11 games each that OSU was voted in over.

Finally I direct your attention to Exhibit D.

Exhibit D:
1633888700646.png

This is OSU's schedule from 2018. If you will direct your attention to Oct 20th in particular. On that date OSU faced an UNRANKED Purdue team and lost BADLY 20-49. If you will note OSU went into that game ranked #2 and even after that BAD loss they sill ONLY fell 6 positions to #8.

Media darling or no? I leave it to you the Jury.

I rest my case.

* All Exhibits courtesy of Wikipedia.

ddgarcia

Carry on though snook.

Oldstick

Doesn't matter. This is potentially the one year Saban loses umpteenth to one against one of his former assistant coaches. Or possibly not this year. That is all that will matter in the final rankings and championships. No matter what teams.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
:rofl::rofl:OSU dropped from 5th to 12th when they lost to Oregon which was highly ranked. Bama lost to a 2 loss team that also should have lost to Colorado which is one of the worst team in football. Minny beat Colorado 30-0. Lol yet espin heavily invested in the sec is spending all day today telling us how good a&m is. You can't make this stuff up.

When OSU lost to an unranked VT team in 14 they fell from 4 to 19.

You can go back 20 yrs and you can't find a Loss by OSU where they only fell 3 or 4 spots no mater how talented OSU was. That's a fact. However, every year I can give you examples of sec teams that start off ranked in the top 10 that lose and only fall a few spots. Heck sometimes it takes a second loss to get them out of the top 10.

Carry in though.

Funny you should mention all that Snook. Currently tOSU is ranked in the #6 slot, ahead of 6 other teams in the Top 25 that are 6-0 and 2 teams that are 5-0.

Strange huh? How'd that happen?

Madsnooker

Funny you should mention all that Snook. Currently tOSU is ranked in the #6 slot, ahead of 6 other teams in the Top 25 that are 6-0 and 2 teams that are 5-0.

Strange huh? How'd that happen?
Ok ok ok they get the benefit of the doubt because of their talent as well as eye test. Just like Bama.

As far as ND I'm not sure??????

Madsnooker

Exhibit A:
View attachment 1108824

Your Honor I direct your attention to Exhibit A. If you'll notice in 2016-2017 OSU was put in the CFP OVER an 11-2 PSU B1G CHAMPION that BEAT them head to head on Oct. 22nd as an UNRANKED team, while OSU was ranked 2nd. If you'll notice in Exhibit B OSU ONLY dropped to #6 in the polls following that loss to an UNRANKED TEAM.

Exhibit B:
View attachment 1108825

Again I direct your attention to Exhibit A and the 2020-2021 season. If you'll notice OSU was allowed into the CFP after ONLY 6 games, all other participants had to play 11, nearly DOUBLE what OSU did, and the had to have the B1G CHANGE their own rule that member institutions must play a MINIMUM of 6 games in order to be eligible for the BCG. (See Exhibit C)

Exhibit C:
View attachment 1108826

Please note also from Exhibit A, 2020-2021 Season the number of other UNDEFEATED and one loss teams that played between 6 and 11 games each that OSU was voted in over.

Finally I direct your attention to Exhibit D.

Exhibit D:
View attachment 1108827

This is OSU's schedule from 2018. If you will direct your attention to Oct 20th in particular. On that date OSU faced an UNRANKED Purdue team and lost BADLY 20-49. If you will note OSU went into that game ranked #2 and even after that BAD loss they sill ONLY fell 6 positions to #8.

Media darling or no? I leave it to you the Jury.

I rest my case.

* All Exhibits courtesy of Wikipedia.

Well done Garcia
I stand corrected as far as always dropping out of the top 10 after a loss. I guess I just remember how many times they have and it seems whoever is the the top ranked team in the sec that loses never falls very far.

ddgarcia

Yep they lost 1 of their last 20

I'll give credit where it's due. Ala has been a machine for some time now but even many of the homers here say that they aren't that team this year. What Saban has accomplished may never be replicated but this year it appears it may be due for a 500,000 mile overhaul.

Having watched several of their games this year it wouldn't surprise me if they lose one or two more before the year is over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they will, but if something doesn't drastically change soon it wouldn't surprise me.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Kentucky should be in the top too. Undefeated SEC east team play the same teams as the dawgs. Maybe they need to suck up to the powers that be too
Correction. They play the same SEC east teams as the Dawgs, but not the same OOC schedule as the Dawgs. I certainly would put Kentucky in the top ten. They deserve it in my opinion. If they beat my Dawgs Saturday, they should go into the top 4.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
As far as ND I'm not sure??????

Me neither but this isn't a ranking system. It's a beauty pageant and the preferred perennial "beauties" are always ranked to "be in the hunt" even when they aren't and until everybody recognizes they aren't in the hunt.

There's also the "teasers" they like to run up there in the Top 25 for a while to make you think all FBS football is competitive and there's some young and up and coming teams in conferences outside the Power 5, but then they slowly fade into the sunset as the regular season winds down and the beauty pageant has to get down to the nitty gritty.

Then there's the two teams that wind up on the bubble that don't get in to The Show. That's all part of the beauty pageant too.

There's only one way to fix this. Win/Loss records period and a playoff system with the Top 10 after the bowls are done.

ddgarcia

Me neither but this isn't a ranking system. It's a beauty pageant and the preferred perennial "beauties" are always ranked to "be in the hunt" even when they aren't and until everybody recognizes they aren't in the hunt.

There's also the "teasers" they like to run up there in the Top 25 for a while to make you think all FBS football is competitive and there's some young and up and coming teams in conferences outside the Power 5, but then they slowly fade into the sunset as the regular season winds down and the beauty pageant has to get down to the nitty gritty.

Then there's the two teams that wind up on the bubble that don't get in to The Show. That's all part of the beauty pageant too.

There's only one way to fix this. Win/Loss records period and a playoff system with the Top 10 after the bowls are done.

Won/loss records only????!!! So you think ECU really has any business stepping on the field with a UGA or even an OSU? Cincy maybe, but even depleted by the leavers last year we beat them. IMO there has to be some sort of ranking system in order to rate the level of competition or you're going to end up with some seriously lopsided matchups.

Now maybe ECU has beaten someone of note, I'm not looking at their schedule, but I know Cincy has, even if it was just ND and I think there might have been another in there. If they were to make to CFP they maybe beat a B12 team because they simply refuse to play defense and Cincy at plays some. I seriously doubt they even come close to beating a top tier SEC or B1G school and it's not even close.
Personally I think we need a hybrid human/computer ranking system for the weeks leading up to the CFP Polls. Take the old BCS model and lay out the methodology of all the models for everyone to evaluate. Then once the humans do their polls dump that into the computers and take the results after tossing the outliers on each end. Or vice versa. Run the computer models and let the humans tweek em when the computers spit them out but the methodology must be out for everyone to evaluate. If you recall that was one of the BIG complaints about the BCS I no one knew how they reached their conclusions.

Madsnooker

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Not saying there are more then 4 teams that can win it all but there just needs to be more teams given the chance. A playoff with 12 teams would give us some great matchups as well as a few blowouts but that happens in any sport.