Braves 2024 Season Thread

biggdogg

Tough road trip ! Time for some bats to wake up
That was pretty much what I expected on that road trip. Riley and Acuna are starting to bust loose, and I don't think it will be long before Olson follows suit. He is hitting the ball hard, just seems everything is right at someone or just a few feet foul. The Brave have to be firing on all cylinders to take down the Dodgers. And they just got their ship sailing straight right before the Braves arrived.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That was pretty much what I expected on that road trip. Riley and Acuna are starting to bust loose, and I don't think it will be long before Olson follows suit. He is hitting the ball hard, just seems everything is right at someone or just a few feet foul. The Brave have to be firing on all cylinders to take down the Dodgers. And they just got their ship sailing straight right before the Braves arrived.
I agree and hope we are right

BornToHuntAndFish

Positive sign for the Braves to get a win against the team with the best or lowest ERA in the MLB.

DannyW

The Chris Sale trade has been genius so far. He has pitched 42 innings over 7 starts with a 5-1 record, a .295 ERA, and a WHIP under 1.0.

A lot of people have said that he isn't the same pitcher that he was 5-6 years ago, but I'm happy with Chris Sale 2.0.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The Chris Sale trade has been genius so far. He has pitched 42 innings over 7 starts with a 5-1 record, a .295 ERA, and a WHIP under 1.0.

A lot of people have said that he isn't the same pitcher that he was 5-6 years ago, but I'm happy with Chris Sale 2.0.
Atlanta made out like a bandit on that trade. Sale was sidelined for a couple dumb luck injuries. Nothing that would have eluded that his best pitching days were behind him.

DannyW

Atlanta made out like a bandit on that trade. Sale was sidelined for a couple dumb luck injuries. Nothing that would have eluded that his best pitching days were behind him.
Yep...and between the 60 game 2020 season, and the time he has been out with non-pitching injuries, his arm has had a lot of time to rest and recover.

DannyW

….if someone else in the middle of the lineup could get going it could be a train. Worrying about Olson.
Well, last night showed that a few players not named Ozuna can hit a long ball. After going 8-9 games without ANYONE hitting a HR, last night hitters 1-4 went HR-HR-Walk-HR in the 3rd inning. Go figure.

Has anyone else noticed Chadwick Tromp has requested a number change and was given #45? Someone in the Braves clubhouse has a nice sense of humor! :rofl:

antharper

Staff member
One out away ! Fried was dealing , just too many pitches . On another note Iglesias worries me every time he pitches . He usually gets the job done but it’s hardly ever pretty

biggdogg

One out away ! Fried was dealing , just too many pitches . On another note Iglesias worries me every time he pitches . He usually gets the job done but it’s hardly ever pretty
It's only noticed by Braves fans because he is a Brave. He's one of the best closers in baseball. The days of the Mariano Rivera type closer are gone. Teams utilizing the pen for 3, 4 sometimes 5 innings a game have made it where a one inning pitcher doesn't have the profound advantage they once did. Hitters have adjusted to seeing multiple pitching styles every game. And the advanced scouting teams use on every pitcher negates that advantage even more.

antharper

Staff member
It's only noticed by Braves fans because he is a Brave. He's one of the best closers in baseball. The days of the Mariano Rivera type closer are gone. Teams utilizing the pen for 3, 4 sometimes 5 innings a game have made it where a one inning pitcher doesn't have the profound advantage they once did. Hitters have adjusted to seeing multiple pitching styles every game. And the advanced scouting teams use on every pitcher negates that advantage even more.
I wish he would have pitched the 9th tonight !

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Guessing since we are too cheap to resign Max that he will be traded for something at some point this season.
Not likely. If he chooses to play elsewhere they’ll take their compensatory draft pick and move on. Just like the Swanson and Freeman departures