Little Bitty File Knife

godogs57

For some reason, I'm making a lot of file knives lately. This one is a cutie using an ancient Disston metal file. She hardened up beautifully and has a good razor sharp edge. I used an old elk antler I found years ago while elk hunting in New Mexico together with nickel silver guard and buttcap and a coral spacer. Hope you like and, as always, thanks for looking!

HH, GON File.jpg

IFLY4U

Great Job

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like about a perfect lil knife.

walkinboss01

Great looking knife

longbowdave1

Too late, folks. This one of a kind sweetheart of a knife is mine now. The pictures don`t do it justice at all either. It is a pure piece of working art. All it needs is some blood on it.

Brother Hank, many thanks. :cheers:
You have a great looking knife!

Horns

Man that’s a beaut. Great work. Congratulations on the purchase Nic

seeker

Don't wonder why you keep making knives out of files, just keep doing it. That turned out gorgeous.

Big7

The Oracle
BEAUTIFUL !!! AS USUAL !!! VERY NICE !!!

joepuppy

Very beautiful work, sir. I've just finished building my first forge, and almost done with my belt sander. Looking forward to trying a few myself. Thanks for sharing!

godogs57

Great looking knife! Did you dye the antler?
Nope. The dark color is indicative of the trees that bull was horning back in the day. Depending on the trees, some will have very light colored antlers and others rubbing on sappy trees like pinyon pines etc will be dark. It's all in what you find. I do dye some, but mostly its the big sheds I find that are "in the white", having laid out a few years and bleached by the sun. A product called Briwax will bring em back to new condition. Briwax is a combination of bees wax and dyes and its made in England. Its actually a wood dye for furniture makers and obviously comes in several shades. I've used Dark Oak and Light Walnut and they look great.