Little Creek Bow Club Meriwether *2021-22 Info Post 314*

davidhelmly

I wish I had the funds. Looks like a great club with some good people in it.

Thanks Brian, we are very lucky to have a great place to hunt and great people to hunt with and through a lot of hard work it gets better every year!!

We got out Sat and Sun and found a few fresh sheds, a few old ones and unfortunately a few dead bucks too.

A5021311-8D5E-4355-B7F5-0C12BE2C63BB-173-00000005EE2E55C7.jpg

3B3B5CDD-C0BB-42BE-86EB-0F89481A5F0F-466-0000004227F426BC.jpg

471FF514-AF9F-47AD-A50F-2737BF90F1B9-466-00000042178F82ED.jpg

livetohunt

David, Nice sheds! A couple of those sheds are good ones....The bucks on my Meriwether land were all holding until about 1-2 weeks ago, then they started dropping fast. Keep us posted on anymore finds..

alligood729

I am going to be down at our lease this week............if you would like to chase some turkeys and see our property give me a call............Rocky (770)780-8916

Beautiful piece of property here, I wish I had the $$. Thanks for the trip Rocky, and the opportunity at the bird!!! First one for me since '95. Anybody that's serious about bowhunting, this is a great place to take a look at. Very nice to meet David and Cindy too! Great people and a great lease.....

Last edited:

DoubleRR

Hey...

David...
Thanks for the kind words...IT WAS FUN!...let's do it again...better yet let's get your daughter down here and get her a "Thunder Chicken"... !!!!!!

DoubleRR

We will be down chasing some "Buzzards" on Saturday....I will be more than glad to show you around...maybe even remove a bird or two....(770)780-8916

davidhelmly

Some Velvet Bucks

Cindy has had one of our trailcams out scouting for turkeys on a little tiny clover plot and we hadn't checked in a couple of weeks until yesterday. Here are some bucks from May 5th and 6th, they aren't far from splitting off brow tines. I love watching them grow from beginning to end!! :cheers:

Nailman

David it looks like you have a great place and its just going to get better under your current management plan. If it wasn't 7.5 hrs for me I would love to come meet your crew. I already drive to our Ky farm a few weeks a year so like something a little closer so I can drive in for a day or two hunt.

Look forward to the post this year.

Steve

davidhelmly

David it looks like you have a great place and its just going to get better under your current management plan. If it wasn't 7.5 hrs for me I would love to come meet your crew. I already drive to our Ky farm a few weeks a year so like something a little closer so I can drive in for a day or two hunt.

Look forward to the post this year.

Steve

Thanks Steve, It's been a lot of work over the years but you are right, it does get better every year and the work is honestly a labor of love. It is very rewarding looking back at what we started with and what we have now!! That would be a pretty long haul for a short hunt but we do have some good accommodations! :cheers:

I have hunted some in Ky and I think if I could move anywhere it would be western Ky, the deer are as good as Il, or Ia and it isn't that much colder than Ga and on top of that the locals are just good hard working people. Whay part of Ky is your farm in?

Nailman

Thanks Steve, It's been a lot of work over the years but you are right, it does get better every year and the work is honestly a labor of love. It is very rewarding looking back at what we started with and what we have now!! That would be a pretty long haul for a short hunt but we do have some good accommodations! :cheers:

I have hunted some in Ky and I think if I could move anywhere it would be western Ky, the deer are as good as Il, or Ia and it isn't that much colder than Ga and on top of that the locals are just good hard working people. Whay part of Ky is your farm in?
t

Have 2 places in N West Ky. One in McLean County (Calhoun) and a smaller place in Henderson Ky near the Green River. Here is a nice one a cousin got in the area last year with his bow. ::;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 8,915

davidhelmly

May Trailcam pics

We got our feeders filled a little over a week ago so I've been looking forward to the first set of pics, they are hammering the feeders, minerals and the clover!
We spent this past weekend mowing plots and also did a little plowing to try and get ahead of the game.
Here are a few of the pics from last week, some are cropped pretty heavy so the picture quality isn't good on some of them.
It looks to be another promising year so come on September!!

BOWROD

That clover plot is SICK..!!!,, great job David ,,,those bucks are coming along nicely,,,keep us posted ..!!!

southerndraw

Nice looking set-up but that's a bunch of $$ bucks $$ for a 300 yard area. I know it sutes some folks though, good luck this coming season. I was wondering do members exchange area's at the end of every season to allow everyone the same oppertunities? At least with incoming new members.

southerndraw

It looks sweet and the chance at a trophy is definitely there. Can members put up stands and it be considerd a common area for everyone?

davidhelmly

It looks sweet and the chance at a trophy is definitely there. Can members put up stands and it be considerd a common area for everyone?

Thanks, we've worked a lot of years to get it where it is now. A member can put up as many stands as he likes outside of others pinned area and it's up to that member if he lets others hunt it. Most members here are a little picky about their setups and prefer to hunt their own stands but there is some stand sharing too.

DoubleRR

Open areas.....

We have allot of areas on our club that gets very little hunting pressure....I have been running around on this property for 6 years and the way this land lays... there are plenty of areas that new members can pin and have a very good chance at a true P&Y buck.....I would love to share my knowledge and experience on this property...give me a call and we can make some plans to look at this property......Thanks!............. (770)780-8916...

Rocky Reimer
Peachtree City