Loading Large Hogs Alone

chrislibby88

Quarter where they drop, put quarters in meat bags, then into framed pack. Why even bother moving a large pig or even a small pig back home to quarter? A big plus to doing it in the woods is you just leave the carcass and guts right there instead of having to haul it to a residential dirt road and dump it by someone’s house... wait, I mean dispose of it properly. Haha

woods&water

Quarter where they drop, put quarters in meat bags, then into framed pack. Why even bother moving a large pig or even a small pig back home to quarter? A big plus to doing it in the woods is you just leave the carcass and guts right there instead of having to haul it to a residential dirt road and dump it by someone’s house... wait, I mean dispose of it properly. Haha

^^^THIS
I line the inside of my pack with a heavy duty trash bag folding the top of the bag over the outside of the pack. Then debone the whole animal and drop the meat in the bag. Fold the bag up inside the top of the pack and zip it up. 30-40 minutes after the critter hits the ground i am on my way to the truck leaving all the mess in the woods and only carrying around a 1/3 of the total weight of the animal. Been doing this for over 45 years. Most places I hunt now the whole carcass left in the woods will be gone the next day.

jNick

I just find a strong limb and toss a rope over it. Tie one end to the back of my truck and the other end to the hogs foot. Pull my truck up enough to get the hog up in the air. Untie rope from truck and tie it to the tree while keeping the hog hanging. Back truck bed underneath hog and cut the rope. E z p z.

Tie a rope around hog. Throw it over a limb. Hook to 4 wheeler or truck. Tie second rope around hog, pull hog way up into the air with first rope. Tie off second rope. Back up, untie first rope, get under the hog, cut second rope. Drive home.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I made a crude one out of square tubing and the hitch from a bike rack. Doesn’t swivel, but it works to get the animal up for skinning. My buddy likes to clean deer and pig while hanging them.
I’m doing the field quartering method myself…..I’m only dragging my quarry far enough to find a place to to work on it.
I do have a hand winch in my truck in case of emergency and would use it if necessary.
I think you’ll love that one from tractor supply!

ninjaneer

Take a blade to them. You can have one quartered out in less than 10 minutes. Why drag or load a whole hog ? You have to skin and gut them anyway, no use dragging waste unless you need to get it out of a field or something. Don't ruin your back for a stinking hog.

This was real good until he got to the tailgate breaking down the hams and shoulders. I personally wouldn't be rubbing the meat side down all over the tailgate like that.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use help, or the Kubota, and if those are not handy. I use my small trailer and drag then up the ramp. And I drag with my buggy, to get them to the truck or trailer.

Attachments

• bucket full.jpg
    bucket full.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 10
  • deerhogjan7th.jpg
    deerhogjan7th.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 10
  • draging.jpg
    draging.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 10

Okie Hog

Got tired of hassling around loading deer and hogs. One day i made this hog loader from scrap and a winch that was laying around.

bmqnsWGl.jpg

HogKillaDNR

Got tired of hassling around loading deer and hogs. One day i made this hog loader from scrap and a winch that was laying around.

bmqnsWGl.jpg

Awesome, I'll have to get something like that.