Lost My Little Friend Last Night.

Big7

The Oracle
He had been recently diagnosed with Cushings and has been going down hill for the past year due to old age with heart and gastroenterological problems

Funny little guy, very loving toward people and especially kids- he has never even snapped at a human BUT he did not tolerate other male dogs, especially if they have not been fixed. He did get along with Marley the Jack Russell fine tho and both of them slept in the bed with the X their entire lives. Buck would sleep with the youngest granddaughter on the weekends they stayed with their father.

He didn't mind being around the cats and he lived through about 5 or 6 in his house over his little lifetime.

Such a sweet little fellow. He will be missed.

This is the last pic of him taken night before last. He was up and around, scared Marley was going to beat him out of a Beggin' Strip
Everything seemed fine.

BUCK THE HOUND DOG 2010 - 2013
20231002_205903.jpg

Last edited:

GeorgiaBob

I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

Of all the friends and family I have lost, it is the canine family members I remember best. To lose a parent or a child is much more painful and certainly more life changing, but the passing of a dog that has been there for you through thick and thin also hurts. Perhaps because the relationship was simple and honest. I don't know the why. I just know that Toby (who we lost four years ago), and several more, will always have a place in my heart.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sorry for your loss. Dogs become family and their loss stings.

Worley

So sorry to hear of your loss bud, I’m sure you two have some fun stories to reminisce about. Memories are a gift that God provides us with that are timeless, treasure them my friend.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Sorry for your loss, bud. The loss of any pet can be hard, especially one you’ve had for a long time. They are family.

specialk

Sorry biggy, been down that road too many times....

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Sorry buddy, it sure hurts to loose a good dog

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My sympathies added. Our American black Lab is 10.5 years old. He is still up for it and will catch and return the frisbee as long as you'll throw it. He's smart as a whip and he loves people like every black Lab does. I hate to think of facing his passing.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Hate to hear it 7, sorry for your loss. Eventually the feelings and thoughts simply turn to good memories instead of sadness.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Our mountain fiest gone a few months ago after 13 years with our family.IMG_1321.jpeg