Low activity??

rosewood

Has anyone else noticed, I have had little to zero deer activity at my feeders on cams the last couple of days. Where have the deer gone?

Thanks,

Rosewood

rosewood

That time of year when they have something else on the brain other than food. Also, acorns are a hot commodity right now over whatever feed you may have out. The does I've seen are piling to whiteoaks right now.
I did notice a lot of acorns on the trail yesterday. Maybe they are just not passing in front of the cams.

Rosewood

I was beginning to think I was the ONLY-1 noticing the DEER MOVEMENT @ a SUDDEN HALT on my Cell-Link "Feeder location" & community licking branch/scrape location....
Ive hunted 1 morning and 2 afternoons in the past week and ONLY SAW 1 DOE AND 3 SPIKE/BUTTONHEADS!?!?
Im wondering if it has alot to do with the weather temp. increase!?
I looked back @ my Moultrie Cloud Pic./Video. from last year starting on Halloween and I have 100's of photos of bucks working scrapes, fighting, and chasing does!
Ive only gotten 23 pics. from both cell link cams in the past week this year though!
*GONS RUT PREDICTION 7-14th of Nov. is the PEAK RUT MOVEMENT IN MY AREA OF MERIWETHER!!!

RANT ENDED..;)

I was beginning to think I was the ONLY-1 noticing the DEER MOVEMENT @ a SUDDEN HALT on my Cell-Link "Feeder location" & community licking branch/scrape location....
Ive hunted 1 morning and 2 afternoons in the past week and ONLY SAW 1 DOE AND 3 SPIKE/BUTTONHEADS!?!?
I looked back @ my Moultrie Cloud Pic./Video. from last year starting on Halloween and I have 100's of photos of bucks working scrapes, fighting, and chasing does!
Ive only gotten 23 pics. from both cell link cams in the past week this year though!
*GONS RUT PREDICTION 7-14th of Nov. is the PEAK RUT MOVEMENT IN MY AREA OF MERIWETHER!!!

RANT ENDED..;)
I forgot to add that before this week I WAS GETTING TONS OF PICS. OF BASKET-RACK BUCKS SPARRING & EVEN 2 NICE BUCKS WORKING A CLUSTER OF 6 SCRAPES @ THE EDGE OF 1 OF MY FOODPLOTS & YEST. WHEN I WAS REFILLING FEEDER I LOOKED AND ONLY 1 OF THE 6 WERE EVEN STILL BEING WORKED- THE REST HAD GONE COLD!!!:(

sportsman94

If peak rut means the highest number of does being in estrous then that would make sense. I would think that would be the lockdown phase. In that phase the scrapes go dead. I could be wrong, but that’s my understanding.

Long Cut

I’ve seen around 42 deer in 4 sits. 1 morning, 3 evening.
Saw chasing in Pike Co, nothing for Meriwether. Warm temperatures have them chasing harder during the night & morning than afternoons IMO.

They’re not hitting corn because acorns are dropping and the warmer temperatures they don’t need as much feed. Also because they’re rutting.
Better off hunting some oaks or a funnel right now.

B. White

Little movement for me since the last rain. Very few tracks where I always see tracks and deer around the house. I didn't see or hear any movement yesterday on two different places and could see 150+ yards. This is the week I expect them to jump out on the road, but only saw one yearling last night going through several miles of timber land.

rosewood

Glad to see it isn't just me. Maybe they will wake back up in a few days.

Rosewood

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread

RANT ENDED..;)
Which part of Meriwether are you in?

Sixes

It happens every year. Does kick their fawns off and lay low instead of being harassed by every buck that is on the prowl.

All it means is that you better get in the stand as much as possible over the next 10-12 days. Bucks are on the prowl and not worrying about scrapes.

WishboneW

Almost no acorns on my club. Poor as they are due to no rain, does are hitting the clover plots. Full moon next week and it’s on like donkey kong

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote

RANT ENDED..;)

RANT ENDED..;)
What area of meriweather are you in

Longhorn 16

I am seeing more deer midday. Very little to none in morning and evening hunts the last couple of days. Also in Meriwether. Another observation is feeding heavy on acorns during the day and feeding very heavy on the protein overnight.

baddave

I live in hunting woods and can see my food plot from the dinner table about 100 yds away. We too have noticed a lack of sightings. Haven't hunted much due to working too much but when I do I'm not seeing much and the ones I see are more interested in eating than anything else. This heat and full moon is not helping. Weird year.

shootemall

I drew a quota hunt that I went on last week that has been good in past years. All I saw was a doe before shooting hours. I thought I was doing something wrong. Came home, rewashed all my clothes, arrived earlier in morning to walk through the loud leaves and have time for the woods to calm down. I am somewhat relieved others are experiencing similar issues. I thought I forgot how to hunt :)

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Extremely dry hot weather and tons of acorns equal slow deer activity. I think they are staying close to water and moving middle of the day and at night. Makes for challenging hunting. Been that way here anyway.