Make 'Em Quiver Team Thread

Soybean

that stinks man, sorry to hear that, but it happens to all of us at some point. i lost what would have been my best last year and it still bothers me but i learned from it. all you can do is keep your head up and keep hunting. good luck, maybe he will make it. its amazing how tough these animals can be.

kbuck1

It happens to all of us at some point. I still think you'll find him in a day or 2. My wife shot a doe last year with a 2 blade rage(twice) and I could find her till several days later. we were literally 15 feet from her that night and didnt see her. She hit her low the first shot and she ran out about 30 yards and was just standing there so she shot again. she kept telling me the second shot was perfect but I had my doubts. When I found her there was a hole still visible right behind the shoulder. They are tough.

Congrats Soybean on number 2

Todd E

Hey Soybean, looks like you are rebounding quite well this year. Atta boy. Now, finish them nannies and go bag a brute.

Soybean

Hey Soybean, looks like you are rebounding quite well this year. Atta boy. Now, finish them nannies and go bag a brute.

hey todd, good to hear from you. yeah, last year was tough. already done with nannies this year, only 2 does and 1 buck per person needed for the challenge. i like the new rule change. i usually try to shoot 1 for myself and 1 for a good friend (nonhunter). i really have no need for a 3rd. now if im lucky enough to get a buck, he will make a pile of jerky and horns for the wall. hope that new honey hole is working out for you. keep in touch.

APPierce0628

Should be hunting in the morning. Supposed to be 53 about daybreak! If I have no luck, I'll keep an eye out for vultures and a nose out for that smell I know a little too well. Hope you guys have a good week.

Soybean

saw a good 6pt tonight. had him at 10 yds. i let him pass, he just a 2 yr old but he has good genetics. should be a stud in a year or two. feels good to finally see some horns.

APPierce0628

Haven't seen any since Saturday. Can't hunt this weekend (at my dad's), but I should be good for at least 5 hunts next week. Next weekend will difficult because I have to help with Carson's soccer team at Camp Thunder. So maybe morning hunt, but it depends on the time the camp is. Anyways, good luck this weekend, guys. And no sign of buzzards... may have to chalk it up as a loss. Good luck again,

Andrew.

APPierce0628

Haven't seen a deer in over 10 days. This includes 3 morning hunts and about 5 afternoon hunts. Moving around as much as possible. The white Oaks all of a sudden started dropping HARD. Which means patterning then by finding a good one dropping just went away. Oh well, I'm going to tough it out and see what I can do. And congrats on the doe, never told you that.

kbuck1

Haven't seen a deer in over 10 days. This includes 3 morning hunts and about 5 afternoon hunts. Moving around as much as possible. The white Oaks all of a sudden started dropping HARD. Which means patterning then by finding a good one dropping just went away. Oh well, I'm going to tough it out and see what I can do. And congrats on the doe, never told you that.

Thanks. You'll find them. There is a hot tree there among all those white oaks ya'll have. You just have to find it. Look closest to the bedding areas

Soybean

yes, congrats on the doe kbuck

APP, im with you on the acorns. it was like overnight with all of mine. suddenly they are everywhere. an old wise man once told me to look for the ones with the sweetest smell to them, they usually pay off. good luck fellas.

APPierce0628

Just as I let my bow down tonight, I heard movement behind me. I ended up seeing them about 10 yards out and they came literally under me. It was a big doe and her fawn. Might have shot the momma if I hadn't let my bow down because the fawn looked to be well-off. Oh well. And I have a nice little set up behind the house. We have a bridge we built across our creek a few years back, and they use it frequently due to ease. Basically like a pinch point. Not many big bucks back there, but I should be able to get a doe there at some point. Probably let the area rest a little while. Fall break next week, oh yeah! And fall break from college week after that (don't have to be at high school until 12:45). I should be able to get my time in if nothing else. Good luck this weekend again.

APPierce0628

No hunting this week so far. Had a death in the family Friday and was a pall bearer yesterday for that. Got rained out this morning and decided it would be better to just sleep late. I will get 3 hunts or so before the weekend though and should be able to hunt the weekend too. Did have a small buck come in this past Thursday at 25 yards. He was one that came in the group of three the night I lost that buck. He was just traveling through until I used the Kruncher (thanks, kbuck1). At this point he started feeding and walking back towards me. It was very interesting to see him go from 50 yards away back in on a different trail feeding towards me. Too bad he wasn't a year or two older. I already have his twin on the wall. May break out the rifle this weekend, but I don't even think my rifle is close to being sighted, so probably not. Good luck. Oh yeah, passed my first college midterm with an 85. Got that off my back.

Andrew

APPierce0628

Haven't seen but 1 doe this year on the main property we hunt (papa's) and she got stuck. From there it's been small bucks. Spikes and 3 points take interest in the Kruncher and it calms them down from what I can tell. Papa said that there were 2 good bucks and a doe this afternoon (about 6:30) in front of one of our food plot stands facepalm:. That's how it goes sometimes.

APPierce0628

Sweet deal, kbuck1. Is he from the farm across from you?

kbuck1

Yes, Shot him about 7:40 this morning. He's one of the ones I had pics of from the summer. Shot him at 6 yards. He would have been a good one next year but I just couldnt stand it.

APPierce0628

Nice. I want one just like him. The other one you have on camera over there is a unique one.

kbuck1

Check out this 7 pt thats been showing up.

Attachments

• 11070054.jpg
    11070054.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 11070068.jpg
    11070068.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 151

APPierce0628

Whoa, you didn't lie when you said they show up later in the year. He's a wide one! Good luck with those guys!