Make 'Em Quiver Team Thread

Soybean

I let this deer walk twice last week. I just couldnt do it. I told myself if he showed a third time i might have to introduce him to a QAD Exodus but he didnt show again. I know there are some better ones floating around so I was trying to hold out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 131

APPierce0628

At least you guys are seeing a few. Seems like after the first week of September, I hardly see deer. But I also tend to hunt less as the year goes on. I'm seriously slacking this year, guys and it is bugging me. I want to get one so bad, I can't stand it. These last few weeks, I hope to get at least one more to redeem myself. I can't go out on a bad note this year. You guys have had a pretty good season and it's been a fun time so far. Maybe I can make the last month or so a good one. And though I've said it before, nice buck Soybean.

APPierce0628

I have almost no idea how to hunt December without food plots. Literally a guessing game for me at this point in the year. Not looking good for me at all. Sorry, guys. Can't seem to have a good year for anything in the world for these past 2 years. Can't blame the deer, they are there. I just can't find them anymore. Wish I contributed more at this point in the game. No excuses.

kbuck1

I have almost no idea how to hunt December without food plots. Literally a guessing game for me at this point in the year. Not looking good for me at all. Sorry, guys. Can't seem to have a good year for anything in the world for these past 2 years. Can't blame the deer, they are there. I just can't find them anymore. Wish I contributed more at this point in the game. No excuses.

Its all in fun anyways. find some privet, water oaks, pin oaks. should still be plenty around for them to eat.

Soybean

Dont worry about the points APP, its all in good fun. I just like being part of the contest. Ive let a couple decent bucks walk this year, probably should have shot one for the contest but I just dont want to kill a 2 or 3 year old that has a chance to be a stud. Funny thing is, Ive never killed a good or even decent buck with my bow, killed a pile of does and a couple dinks but never a bruiser. Im holding off for a mature deer and there are plenty out there. I probably could have killed 10 different 100-110" baskets over the past 5 years but Im trying to be patient.

I let this guy walk two weeks ago. We think he is only 2 (might be 3 but I doubt it) and outside his ears already. This deer has great potential. It was tough to let him go, he stood 20 yds and broadside for like 10-20 seconds.

As far as December, look for anything green in the browse department if you dont have a foodplot.. You will be surprised what deer will eat this time of year. Ive got a canola field being hammered so that is where I will be for the rest of the year. Im hoping a drifter shows up. Good luck.

Attachments

• walk2.jpg
    walk2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 77

APPierce0628

I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year. I haven't hunted since my wreck on the 9th. Didn't hunt before that for about a week since I was studying for finals. Been an odd season overall this year, but the hunts were fun when I had the opportunity to be in the woods. Would have liked to have killed another deer or two, but it was fun overall. Thanks for another good year of fun.

APPierce0628

There was a deer in the road and I hit the brakes. When I got on the brakes the back brakes locked down and it made the back of the truck get sideways and eventually backwards before I went in a ditch and the truck rolled on its side and hit a tree. Thankfully the back of the truck hit a tree in the ditch and not the front. The deer made it out alive and unscathed and I got a black eye and a half inch cut to the left of my left eye. The Tacoma is pretty bad, but I thank God that I am okay. The worst part of it all was that I had my Precalculus final at Gordon the next morning at 8 am and couldn't get it rescheduled. I'm really just happy that I'm okay and I know my truck is replaceable.

Attachments

• IMG_20141209_195636_988.jpg
    IMG_20141209_195636_988.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 46

BowanaLee

You ain't gotta look far, to see how lucky you are. :hair:

APPierce0628

You ain't gotta look far, to see how lucky you are. :hair:

I wouldn't say lucky, but blessed. And blessed I am. I really should have been hurt a lot worse. I never even suffered from soreness the days following the wreck.