Manchee - Someone Asked

Anvil Head

Someone asked for better pics of this particular knife (from Knife Display thread). So here it is. Loosely based on a Comanchee style hunting blade. Will post particulars later.Manchee 1.JPGManchee 2.JPG

turkeykirk

Nice!! Love those period knives.

Anvil Head

This is something I wind up doing more often than I like to admit......I forged the blade to "fit" the handle on this one. Bone just had too much character to leave sitting in the bone box. Had that feel that just dictated the blade geometry. Had to do it!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is absolutely beautiful work, from the blade to the handle, the carving on the handle, the beading, inlays, and decorations on the sheath. One of the best looking knife/sheath sets I've ever seen.

What is the wrap on the front of the handle?

Anvil Head

Thanks NC. Just what I do. I think the sheath should compliment the knife and the knife the sheath - package deal for me. I do spend a lot of time just thinking it all through until I get in my head what I want to do, but often comes out a bit diff from what I originally intended. Still I always like it when it works. (Not gonna show the ones that don't).