Maybe he needs a new pair of glasses?

GAHUNTER60

I just saw this news story from Boggs, Pennsylvania on another site:

Man accused of killing two trophy bull elk out of season thought they were doe deer

CENTRE COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ)– A Clarence man faces charges after he allegedly shot two trophy bull elk out of season but claims he mistook them as doe deer.

Just a little before 7 p.m. on Dec. 4, 39-year old Christopher Brooks reported that he shot two elk in Boggs Township right after dusk, according to the Pennsylvania Game Commission. Brooks realized that he shot elk instead of doe after he got a closer look and saw the antlers and their size.

When Brooks presented his hunting license officials say that he did not have the proper paperwork to be hunting in the area.

Brooks faces charges of unlawful killing of big game during a closed season and also for hunting violations. He awaits a preliminary hearing yet to be scheduled.

Last year the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioner reported that for the 2021-2022 there was 187 tags total given out. The late season for elk in PA started on Jan. 1.

On average a fully grown bull elk is five feet tall and can weigh between 700 and 1,100 pounds.

###

Knowing how hard it is to get an elk tag in Pennsylvania (187 tags actually issued to over 100,000 applicants), I'd say this guy is in a whole heap of trouble!!! I thought about trying for one of the few non-resident tags they issue every year, but abandoned that plan when I found out the odds of drawing one are somewhere along the same line as winning the PowerBall lottery. I decided to devote all my energy to winning PowerBall!

That way, if successful, I'll just buy a 50,000-acre farm and raise my own trophy bull (along with a few B&C bucks, a heard of kudu, and a few cape buffalo thrown in for good measure)!

My daddy always said: If you are gonna dream, DREAM BIG!!!

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

I would say a weak excuse for a giant screw up.

Makes us all look look bad.

I was not there so this is just a guess, but I believe he needs a new set of ethics - not new glasses.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Never understood why someone that does something dumb like that calls the game warden and tells on their self . Now that’s dumb

GAHUNTER60

The thing is, if a 1,000 pound bull elk looks like a 100-pound whitetail doe to this guy in the fading light, me, making my way out or the woods, might look like one too! He`s lucky he's not being held on a wrongful death charge!