Meeting Jesus in enemy territory.

StriperAddict

This post by Frank Friedmann might not be what you thought of with the title I chose. This is on His return and 1 Thes 4:17 ! Enjoy ...
------------------------------------------------

Everything you Need to Know About Meeting Jesus in the Air

blog, topical study
photo-1470071459604-3b5ec3a7fe05.jpeg

The Bible tells us that we who have believed will be snatched up immediately to meet the Lord in the air. Where will we meet Him? In the air.

“Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:17 (NASB)

Have you ever wondered why we will meet Him in the air? Why not in heaven? Why doesn't He just come all the way down to earth and meet us here? I was pondering all of this one day, and then it hit me…

You see, Satan is called the prince of the power of the air. Did you see it? Jesus has made the decision for us to meet Him in enemy territory! With our glorified bodies, like a mighty conquering army, we will move in to displace him who has hounded us and harmed us. And there we will declare to him that he lost! There in the air, we will point our fingers in his face and say, “There's only one way, and you missed it! There's one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one salvation, one blood, one church, and you're not in it - get out! This is no longer your domain!”

It will be the privilege of every Saint, no matter how terribly they sinned, no matter how horribly they failed, to declare victory over the one who first led us to fail, and then condemned us for failing. It's going to be our privilege, isn’t it friends?
http://www.facebook.com/graceisaperson
Each week, Pastor Frank sends several short, encouraging videos to his circle of friends.
Interested in joining? Signing up is easy:
Get on the list here.

1gr8bldr

The idea of a rapture is based upon the rapture, so to speak, of the flood. The Hebrew reads "caught up above the waters". I offer this not in any attempt at addressing the topic posed, only that I find the wording interesting

Artfuldodger

Why don't the souls in Heaven stay in Heaven? I guess Satan needs to see them point their fingers at him as well.