Metal Buildings/Garage??

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Who do you recommend for metal buildings/barn/garage etc? Or stay away from ______? Was looking at one company and reviews bad mouthed their installation crews. One had them installing 5 ft in the wrong place. Located in NE GA.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Who do you recommend for metal buildings/barn/garage etc? Or stay away from ______? Was looking at one company and reviews bad mouthed their installation crews. One had them installing 5 ft in the wrong place. Located in NE GA.
Stop by on your next trip thru Toccoa and look at mine. It is 30 x 50 x 16ft with a couple of roll up doors.

sleepr71

Most of them subcontract out the actual “building”…so make your expectations known up front,then in writing. I also went with 16’ side walls..so I could add a 24’ lean-to off each side(keeping the outer edge over 10’ to park tractors under),and an office space on the back. I went ahead & put sinks,shower,toilet,and a window A/C unit in my “office” area(10x40) on the back side. That way,when it’s 100 outside..I have an area to work on smaller stuff in the A/C & can shower before going to the main house. 140W rearend dope in your hair & clothes leaves a stench that you don’t want to take to bed :rofl: Anyway,build it as big as you can afford..borrow money if you have to..cuz you will fill it up in short order :)

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
My advice, I have a 35 ft carport with a 10 ft shed, make sure to go with a vertical tin not horizontal
That was my plan for the roof, required for the sides??

hiawassee1

On the sides would be whatever style you want to go with. I didn’t know any better and didn’t think about the roof when I purchased mine. A lot of runoff on the back and each rib holds water.

bassboy1

Carolina Carports is another option, no idea of their reputation, just one of the companies I looked at when shopping

I bought my 30x65x14 commercial warehouse from Eversafe Buildings, which I guess is the reseller of Carolina Carports in my area (Carolina wouldn't quote a building in my area due to territory agreements). Once the contract was signed, all of my interactions/payments were through CC, not Eversafe. I don't have any complaints with them, and their erection guys did clean work. A buddy of mine got a 24x30 for his backyard from Big Buildings Direct, and they did not do a great job on his, to include a door in the wrong spot that they refused to remedy. They did come back and fix some of his other issues, but wouldn't fix that one.

I have another friend in East TN who had one put up by Bull Buildings. I haven't seen his in person, but one feature he told me they offer was a gutter attachment point option, which was something I wish I had been given the option for. On most of these buildings, there is a 6" overhanging eave, which is created by the truss ends overhanging 6" then capped with trim metal. That gutter option adds an additional piece of tubing down the ends of the trusses, underneath that trim piece to provide a solid structure for gutters to attach to.

Do know that the doors that come with these building packages are the cheapest flimsiest things available. I ordered the building with framed openings, then supplied my own doors (commercial steel knock down man doors and insulated sectional overhead door). I paid about 4 times what their offerings cost, but you get what you pay for.

And, if you're gonna insulated or heat/cool the building, don't even think about roll up (drum style) doors. Sectional is the only way to go for trying to maintain any level of insulation or sealing.

Last edited:

PCNative

Alan's Factory Outlet. They sell for Carolina Carports. You can design and build online and get an exact cost of your building. I used them last year and they beat everyone's price locally by a wide margin. They did what they said they would do. I don't have any complaints with them and would use them again. When I used them last March they said they were about one month out and that's exactly how long it took for them to start construction.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Wary of ordering from person/company I can't see face to face