Mineral/Salt blocks paying dividends

rosewood

The deer have really been hitting the mineral blocks a lot lately. We put out 2 new blocks about a month or so ago(replacing the wiped out ones from last year) and the deer have been pretty much hitting them everyday. For a $7-8 block from TSC, you can put it out and it will last about a year and it keeps deer in the area. If you don't have any out, you should.

Rosewood

Jim Boyd

Amen.

Great way to assess the deer in the area.

Plus every other critter within a 10 mile circle will show up!

also - don’t underestimate the power of a salt block on a semi rotted stump!

best of luck!

westcobbdog

I like the Mossy Oak Wildgame molasses mineral corn block but Wally World says they will restock those in August. Deer in my yard and at my lease love em’.

Jim Boyd

I like the Mossy Oak Wildgame molasses mineral corn block but Wally World says they will restock those in August. Deer in my yard and at my lease love em’.

Molasses and salt on a stump is a good combo, also.

Big7

The Oracle
A MUST when my family had farmland and if I was on a lease.

To me, that's the single best thing to do for deer.
Even when it cools off and they don't use them as much, they will continue to use the trails the lick established.

Deer are creatures of habit. A good mineral lick is a VERY good way to get them walking around your area.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
View attachment 1159455put out 24 blocks in March
Dang son you ain’t messing around! I’ve got a salted stump in my back yard. 2 houses closer to the corp property, they cleared out the backyard and the deer haven’t been here much lately. I’m on the lookout for fawns next door like last year, but I don’t think it’ll happen……fingers still crossed!

chris41081

Yotes love to take a leak on them also.

Summertime you'll see heavy use on mineral sites.

I have had several pictures of them doing that over the years and always wondered why. I assume its a territorial thing but never seen one pee on a corn pile or anything else.

I got a couple at my place from TSC. 50#'ers. I got a couple "mineral holes" and I just chuck them in there. They last about a year. I normally throw a couple bags of deer cane in there as well. The deer really enjoy that stuff.

Latest posts