More fun with the "u" in tulip!

StriperAddict

Perhaps I read more into it than was there. I was detecting progressive sanctification.

Got ya. And agreed, I don't believe our new "Spiritual" man in Christ can be "progressivly sanctified", as the work is completed at the cross.
What's left are our 'ol habits and pride, etc., that are part of our behavior... and in that sanctification the journey comtinues for sure...!

I'll be back later for more fun here. It's just been too busy preparing for doomsday. :D

Last edited:

StriperAddict

ok... I gave 'em all a read...

"Lord, I get so confused, can't tell what's me, what's you, what's maybe even someone else I am afraid to consider. Where do I end and you begin?"

Could it be...in Christ?

Yessir... I was a bit exhausted over some of the discourse, and maybe I may have added to the mayhem... so your hint of humor and a nice touch of heaven resounds well.

Yes (gosh dern it!) ... it IS well with my soul!

Thank you Lord Jesus! ::; We are your workmanship!

Artfuldodger

Tricky for the Unitarian. Trinity for the Trinitarian.
Tricky was in reference to Satan's role in Christianity. There are Trinitarians who wrestle with Satan's free will to rebel in Heaven and his Earthly powers.
Some Trinitarians believe Jesus had free will and that he really was tempted by Satan.

Unitarian views:
Unitarian Christianity is, like other forms of Christianity, a religion that asserts the divine character, divine spirit, and divine foundation of the teaching of Jesus Christ. It places particular emphasis on reason, conscience, and free will.

idsman75

I think I read all the posts. Did so rather quickly.

2 points.

1. I don't think anyone mentioned John 6:44 which is probably one of the most compelling cases for Election. "For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up." I believe this is where the Westminster points to the "effectual calling".

2. Everyone is called but we don't have the capability of choosing to believe if we are truly 100% dead in sin unless we are drawn to Jesus by the Father. John 3:16 would necessarily only apply to those who are capable of believing -- those that were effectually called. Election is compatable with John 3:16. John 3:16 doesn't negate it.

idsman75

I struggled with the "U" all my life until I read "Chosen by God" by R.C. Sproul who made it very clear to me.