Movie Courageous

Hunting Teacher

Watched the movie "Courageous" this weekend for the first time. The acting may not have been Hollywood level, but the message to fathers who claim Christ as their Savior could not have been any more clearly or directly presented.
Are we willing to be the fathers God calls and commands us to be? Do we have what it takes to toe the line for Christ as a father when all the trials, tribulations, and temptations come? Do we really love our children more than ourselves and does our life reflect that?
Or are we going to be lazy or focused on our jobs and hobbies and let the world raise our children?
Doesn't get much clearer than that!
As a teacher of 25 years in the classroom, I wish this movie was required viewing for EVERY man who is a father and calls himself a follower of Jesus Christ!!

Mako22

BANNED
I bought it and have watched it twice now and I thought it was okay. The theme is getting a little old for me as their 1st movie fly wheel dealt with father hood and being a good husband. Facing the Giants was about faith and Fire proof got back on the being a good husband theme. I don't have a problem with any of that but its getting a little predictable. I did enjoy Courageous and will watch it again with my family but I would like to see them tackle some other themes in the future.

RNC

There will be a showing of this movie this friday at 7pm in the sanctuary of South Metro Ministries on hwy 34 east of Thomas crossroads in Coweta county ...

Our sanctuary seats about 500 ...

I will be there and everyone is invited to attend that wants to see this movie and enjoy a little fellowship ;-)

Hunting Teacher

There will be a showing of this movie this friday at 7pm in the sanctuary of South Metro Ministries on hwy 34 east of Thomas crossroads in Coweta county ...

I will be there and everyone is invited to attend that wants to see this movie and enjoy a little fellowship ;-)
Glad to hear that. I think that's exactly what a whole bunch of churches should be doing!

Hunting Teacher

I bought it and have watched it twice now and I thought it was okay. The theme is getting a little old for me as their 1st movie fly wheel dealt with father hood and being a good husband. Facing the Giants was about faith and Fire proof got back on the being a good husband theme. I don't have a problem with any of that but its getting a little predictable. I did enjoy Courageous and will watch it again with my family but I would like to see them tackle some other themes in the future.
I understand what you're saying Woodsman, but think the reason the theme is being brought out over and over is because way too many"dads" aren't getting the message, or are choosing to ignore it.
I'd go as far as to say that the lack of fathers being fathers is inthe top three of biggest spiritual issues in the church.
According to scripture, we set the spiritual tone of our household. If dad's aren't doing our job, there will be a large hole in our childs spiritual life.

StriperAddict

Excellent movie

I understand what you're saying Woodsman, but think the reason the theme is being brought out over and over is because way too many"dads" aren't getting the message, or are choosing to ignore it.
I'd go as far as to say that the lack of fathers being fathers is inthe top three of biggest spiritual issues in the church.
According to scripture, we set the spiritual tone of our household. If dad's aren't doing our job, there will be a large hole in our childs spiritual life.

Agreed, even coming from us who do not have children. My wife and I thought this was one of the best faith message films of all time. Every family should sit down & watch and discuss it.

thomas the redneck

sat and watched it with my kids the other week i thought it was a good movie with a good story line and a very important message

Mako22

BANNED
One other thing I will give this movie is that of the four of them this one had the best presentation of the gospel. the other three kinda danced arounded it a bit but courageous has a scene where the black cop lays it out that you must believe in Jesus to be saved from your sin.

groundhawg

By the way the showing of this movie is FREE :banana: also :pop: the popcorn and drinks are included.

BUT everyone is NOT invited :mad: somebody deceided that the movie would be shown to men only :huh:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I thought it was a great movie with a great message.
I'm encouraging all young married couples to watch it.

mossyback8874

Woodsman, I'm a member of the church that made these movies and you've made some good points. I think with more experience that the movies will have clearer messages. For example, Flywheel wasn't meant to really focus on fatherhood, but the message may not have been as clear as the Kendrick brothers wanted it to be.

maker4life

Our church watched in Sunday night . Had popcorn , drinks ,and other snacks . Lot's of kids and men in attendance that don't go to our church. It's a great way to get that ministry out to them .

Good movie with a great message !

Mako22

BANNED
Woodsman, I'm a member of the church that made these movies and you've made some good points. I think with more experience that the movies will have clearer messages. For example, Flywheel wasn't meant to really focus on fatherhood, but the message may not have been as clear as the Kendrick brothers wanted it to be.

Believe it or not out of all of them Fly wheel is my favorite.

1gr8bldr

I hope to see it soon, I enjoyed the others.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I hope to see it soon, I enjoyed the others.

Fireproof?

Even with it's flaws, I appreciate the honesty behind the effort. There is something very refreshing about a church willing to take on such a secular event (going to the movies) in order to pass along a message. It's bold, and that is pretty cool.

1gr8bldr

Fireproof?

Even with it's flaws, I appreciate the honesty behind the effort. There is something very refreshing about a church willing to take on such a secular event (going to the movies) in order to pass along a message. It's bold, and that is pretty cool.
Yea, I saw fireproof, and the one, something about the football team/coach.

Latest posts