Movie Courageous

polkhunt

Banned
saw it last night thought it was good. I liked Fireproof better but it is a very good movie that every Father should watch.

Mossy78

It's a great movie, but like most said, Fireproof was better IMHO.

On a side note, we take our church youth group to Macon and participated in "Rebuilding Macon" where we go around and do odd jobs for the elderly/ widowed/ poor.
Since we were already half way there we decided to run down to Albany Ga where Sherwood Baptist church is and got to meet a lot of the parishioners/ actors from Fireproof, it was a really nice experience, the teens and us stayed for hours after the service talking to them.

Huntinfool

Just a shout out for a good place...

Took my four year old to "Daddy Daughter Date Night" at Chick-fil-a on Saturday.

Not only did she look forward to it for a week leading up to it, we had a blast that night. Made it very special for her.

But at the end of our meal, they brought her a little gift package with kids stuff in it and they handed each dad that brought his daughter a copy of the Courageous DVD to take home.

We've already seen it. But way to go to CFA for not being afraid to send something like that home with people. Goes to show the benefits of remaining a private company.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Took my four year old to "Daddy Daughter Date Night" at Chick-fil-a on Saturday.

Not only did she look forward to it for a week leading up to it, we had a blast that night. Made it very special for her.

That's cool HF. My daughter is only 2.5. In a few years I am going to start doing "special nights" like that with her. I am looking forward to it.

I am going to start taking her fishing this spring....but that's a little different.

Jeff Phillips

We watched it at 1st Baptist Cumming two weeks ago and had a full house for Sunday evening.

I think the message is spot on! We had our first small group meeting this morning, me and some twentysomethings with young children. We are going through The Resolution book in small groups to be followed by an acceptance ceremony.

I had a real hard time with the dance scene! I lost my 10 year old daughter Ginny to lukemia in '96 and this brought up a lot of pain...

Huntinfool

That's cool HF. My daughter is only 2.5. In a few years I am going to start doing "special nights" like that with her. I am looking forward to it.

I think you'll be surprised how early they start to understand how special dad time is. I took her last year when she was 3 and that event is why she couldn't sleep the night before this year. It was burned into her memory as a "daddy daughter date night".

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Just a shout out for a good place...

But at the end of our meal, they brought her a little gift package with kids stuff in it and they handed each dad that brought his daughter a copy of the Courageous DVD to take home.

We've already seen it. But way to go to CFA for not being afraid to send something like that home with people. Goes to show the benefits of remaining a private company.

I tried two weeks before to get a reservation for my daughter and I, but there where none available. Next time, I will not drag my feet.

Hunting Teacher

I think you'll be surprised how early they start to understand how special dad time is. I took her last year when she was 3 and that event is why she couldn't sleep the night before this year. It was burned into her memory as a "daddy daughter date night".
Started this with my three daughters when they were very young. My oldest is now 21 but we still went on a "date" to a movie last night. She turned down other opportunities to go. :)
She hasn't found someone yet, because she refuses to settle. She knows that God affirms her. Not some flawed young man!
She also knows in God's time the right, Christ centered man will come along. Until then, Daddy will keep on opening the door for her and treating her with the respect that some young man will show her one day!
All of my girls get a Daddy Daughter date frequently. They all still look forward to it.
Don't ever let go Fathers! Fight the good fight and understand we are fighting for our children's very souls!!

BANDERSNATCH

Watched it with my son the other day. Can't wait till my daughter is mature enough for that Father/Daughter evening out and talk. We go on our dates, but that will be a super special night....dressed up....fancy dancy restaurant....the works. Want her to remember it for the rest of her life.

After the movie was over, my son and I just held each other and cried...and I asked him to forgive me for the stupid stuff I've done through the years. A lot of healing happened in those few minutes....

I think every father who claims the name of Christ should watch it.

The Edge

I would recommend not stopping with the movie. They have put out 2 books the movie was based on and goes further in identifying your role as a man. The Resolution for Men and Courageous Living are the titles. They are relatively easy to read. The Resolution for Men is something like the way Kirk Cameron's character had to read the Love Dare in that you read a section or so a week(rather than a page a day type thing). At the end of the sections gives you things to do for the week. Courageous Living is relatively small and has rather large text too so its not a real hard to read book detailing how and why you should have the courage to stand up for what is right and denounce that that is wrong.

grouper throat

I watched the movie and liked the message also. Our church showed it but that was several weeks after I had seen it and my mother bought the movie for me. I'm also going to start the Resolution for Men book soon with my church class.

I find myself spending alot of special time with my daughter in the past year since mine and her mother's divorce. I certainly want to lead her down a path to Christianity and it's good to see this portrayed.

Latest posts