My 5th summer garden: Expansion and more beans

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
from the radar, looks like ya'll are getting a fair amount down there. I hope it does your garden good. I put out a lot of fertilizer on my field corn earlier this week, and a good rain sure would help it.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
from the radar, looks like ya'll are getting a fair amount down there. I hope it does your garden good. I put out a lot of fertilizer on my field corn earlier this week, and a good rain sure would help it.

It’s best we’ve had in weeks. Now I gotta let the lightning pass so I can turn off the sprinkler. Hope u get some of it upair as well.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
IMG_1902.jpegIMG_1901.jpegIMG_1903.jpegSome of my Bloody Butcher cornmeal. I keep it in gallon freezer bags until needed, then run it through two collanders to get bran/kernel skin out. Store it for immediate use in this old sugar jar.

Last edited:

B. White

I picked some some green beans, maters and the first okra this morning. Starting to wonder if I will get sweet corn, since only .27 in of rain for the past 16 days and none in the past 10. I could add some drip tape, but letting it run its course and only watering the rows with tomatoes and pepper. Stalks got big early, but little ears at this point. I don't know if the green beans will make it until the next rain chance without a pop up shower. Lots of plants laying down and turning yellow this morning. At least there is no new weeds to deal with.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I picked some some green beans, maters and the first okra this morning. Starting to wonder if I will get sweet corn, since only .27 in of rain for the past 16 days and none in the past 10. I could add some drip tape, but letting it run its course and only watering the rows with tomatoes and pepper. Stalks got big early, but little ears at this point. I don't know if the green beans will make it until the next rain chance without a pop up shower. Lots of plants laying down and turning yellow this morning. At least there is no new weeds to deal with.
It’s dry no doubt, a rain would be great

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I got 1in at my house in North Troup last night . My dad’s , southern Troup , where the majority of our garden is at , he didn’t get much at all .