My Apologies

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Anytime you discuss Religion or politics in an open forum your gonna have arguments and folks are gonna get hurt!!!!IMO you should have a daily bible verse and a prayer list and thats it.This is a outdoor ,hunting and fishing forum thats gotten to big and now is trying to accommodate any and everyone( i mean a atheist sub- category in the spiritual help and religious discussions section,come on)next there will be sections for atheist who own 3 legged dogs,ones who dont,a cat lovers section,people who own monkeys and so on.there's probably a lot of folks on here that dont even hunt or fish or enjoy the outdoors all they want to be is cyberspace cowboys sitting on there computer all day string up trouble.....Woodies needs a serious revamping IMO and needs to Keep it simple and get back to there roots....and for the ones who keep replying to the same old troublemakers then you deserve what you get, its quite simple if you ignore them they will simply go away,its folly for them and if you dont play along its not fun for them any longer!!!

So in your opinion we should get rid of any spiritual discussion forums and stick strictly to hunting and fishing forums, is that correct?:huh:

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
They need us to feed on their hatred for God.

I didn't see the problem develop but if I understand it correctly from this thread I would like to say that the problem is clearly described in scripture, and more than one effective response is given. Discernment is required in choosing the correct response. Ronnie mentioned one, carefully placed coals is another, and I believe there are more.

God calls upon us all to grow in service to Him. He also tells us that we must lean upon Him for the strength required for that growth. Pain and failure are the result of attempting growth by our own resources (Gal. 3:3 I think).

As an occasional reader, I have been more occasional since the change in format.

fish hawk

Bass Master
So in your opinion we should get rid of any spiritual discussion forums and stick strictly to hunting and fishing forums, is that correct?:huh:

Yes.Just a daily bible verse and a prayer list would suffice.The best way to discuss religion is face to face that way people cant hide behind a computer screen and type things they wouldn't normally say to you if they were looking you eye to eye.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I started two threads of a controversial nature.While I do not offer an apology for my stance,I do for my behavior.I deleted The two threads,mainly because of three people,who need to work on their people skills.Apparently we are not going to be able to have Christian Discussions as was first thought after all.

As the thread starter, you have the right, and the option, to delete your own thread without any explanation at all. You don`t owe an apology to anybody.

centerpin fan

... next there will be sections for atheist who own 3 legged dogs ...

I will volunteer to moderate that one. I'll have to split my time between it and the "blind, left-handed dentists who fly fish" forum, but it'll be worth it.

Love your signature line, BTW. That's one of my favorite passages in all of scripture. I particularly like the KJV:

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

apoint

Yes.Just a daily bible verse and a prayer list would suffice.The best way to discuss religion is face to face that way people cant hide behind a computer screen and type things they wouldn't normally say to you if they were looking you eye to eye.

Amen to that.

earl

Banned

There is already a forum for that . There is no need to post on the other spiritual subforums. There are also no rules that you have to participate in the other sub forums to use the ''prayer and daily verse '' section.
Face it . Christians have every thing they asked for already in place. They just have to evangelize in ALL the subforums. And we nonChristians feel the same need to return the favor .

If you just want prayer and daily bible verses and nothing else , check out the very first subforum. You rarely see ''others'' in there.

There is already a forum for that . There is no need to post on the other spiritual subforums. There are also no rules that you have to participate in the other sub forums to use the ''prayer and daily verse '' section.

If you just want prayer and daily bible verses and nothing else , check out the very first subforum. You rarely see ''others'' in there.

Amen to all that. I find it hilarious that somebody has precisely what he wants already in place but it's not enough still. I honestly wonder if that was just trolling, but whatever.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Amen to all that. I find it hilarious that somebody has precisely what he wants already in place but it's not enough still. I honestly wonder if that was just trolling, but whatever.

I never said I wanted more I said there should be less.WOW,talk about misinterpretation.

I never said I wanted more I said there should be less.WOW,talk about misinterpretation.

Yes, misinterpretation on your part. I never said you wanted more or less. It appears control and exclusivity are the aim here. At any rate, my recommendation is that you stick to the spiritual prayer & encouragement forum (or whatever it's called) and you'll have what you're wishing for and everybody wins.

Lowjack

We need to all make up our mind not to ever respond to their nonsense posts.

Best Idea I've heard yet.

The Ignore button is wonderful.
Besides being insulters and God haters they are also cowardly, as soon as you answer them , they go running to the Moderators and cry we are calling them names, LOL
Never met such a group of whimps ! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Besides being insulters and God haters they are also cowardly, as soon as you answer them , they go running to the Moderators and cry we are calling them names, LOL Never met such a group of whimps ! :

Contradict yourself much?

Jeffriesw

CH, Maybe you ought to delete this also, it seems to be going nowhere in a hurry.

christianhunter

All of ya'll must have missed this part of ch's post .

''one of the others is a Christian,''

Funny how that works when you see only what you want to see. :crazy::crazy:

Strange thing is,out of the three.He is the only one who has posted on this one so far.I guess he didn't view his wise crack request as offensive.:rolleyes:

christianhunter

QUOTE=Dominic;5422018]It was me

Maybe I didn't want you to make a hobby,in prying in David's tragedy."Public Record" to me is an invasion of privacy.

Dominic

Banned
Maybe I didn't want you to make a hobby, in prying in David's tragedy. “Public Record" to me is an invasion of privacy.

Then maybe you shouldn't have mentioned it in a public forum, to defend yourself. You made "David's tragedy" a part of the "Public Record" not me.

You used "David's tragedy" for your own devices and needs

You exploited "David's tragedy” to get the upper hand on a bunch of losers on an internet forum.

Really who were you arguing with Bottle Hunter, that guy has huffed more bug spray then you have sold, who was the other one?