My Hometown....

specialk

as long as it's posted and noted before you bring your kids in i got no problem with it.....is the food good @HD28 ?

Reactions: Dub

HD28

Sad that you have to post a sign telling people to parent their kids!
I for one thinks it's great that someone is finally taking a stand against the people that let their brat kids ruin things for all around them!

Food's ok, nice setting.

Big7

The Oracle
I'm all for it but I couldn't get by the part where the owner levied a fine or surcharge.

I would laugh at the guy as I was walking out the door.

Big7

The Oracle
Yes.....most kids nowadays are the product of the "You're special" parenting and others should realize that and endure them! Bull!!!! Again, good for the owner!
Yep.

The "everybody gets a trophy" generation.

Heard on the radio this morning talk about these gen z or millennials or whatever this generation is, wanting 6 figures on the first job and 2 or 3 of them being late several days a week and thinking that's ok..

They could have never worked for me.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Saw it on WSB last night, so far he's only "threatened" to levy a fine one time in the two plus years since he started it.

sinclair1

You got you a restaurant HOA. I am going one way and you guys the other :bounce:
There’s a vacancy in Towne Lake hills for a Karen if needed

SarahFair

I recently went to dinner with a family who's toddler was crying, screaming, and pitching a fit the whole time. If you just looked at him he started flailing on the floor.
The mother just blocked it out, the father was trying everything to soothe him, take him out, walk him around, and once the toddler calmed down bring him back in and it'd start all over again.

The mother just said, "I dont care, I just block it out, everyone else around us can just get over it.."
We weren't in McDonald's, but a restaurant where it's not unfathomable for a table with a family to be $300+.

It was incredibly rude, I was incredibly embarrassed, and would have LOVED for them to get fined $50 for their inconsiderate outlook on the situation :mad:
Will NEVER do that again.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

"I don't think you should do it because kids are cute!" :cautious:
Well lady I will grant you this - kids can be cute in most situations, but kids are not always cute. :sneaky: My wife and I rarely went out to eat when my son was young, because he was a Tasmanian devil of energy & curiosity.

tr21

I recently went to dinner with a family who's toddler was crying, screaming, and pitching a fit the whole time. If you just looked at him he started flailing on the floor.
The mother just blocked it out, the father was trying everything to soothe him, take him out, walk him around, and once the toddler calmed down bring him back in and it'd start all over again.

The mother just said, "I dont care, I just block it out, everyone else around us can just get over it.."
We weren't in McDonald's, but a restaurant where it's not unfathomable for a table with a family to be $300+.

It was incredibly rude, I was incredibly embarrassed, and would have LOVED for them to get fined $50 for their inconsiderate outlook on the situation :mad:
Will NEVER do that again.
it just ain't like the old days when the mom or dad would take them in the restroom and wear their little rear ends out ! now days the cops would be waiting when they came out, what a shame.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm all for it but I couldn't get by the part where the owner levied a fine or surcharge.

I would laugh at the guy as I was walking out the door.
He isn't laughing at the extra time and work it costs for his staff to clean up the mess of food and whatnot that the little angels ground into the floor and such.

Big7

The Oracle
He isn't laughing at the extra time and work it costs for his staff to clean up the mess of food and whatnot that the little angels ground into the floor and such.
Yeah I know. That's why I said I'm all for it.

Just odd that someone thinks they could they could enforce what is essentially a fine without going through a court.

He could always refuse service next time but I think he's pretty much shafted on this one.

Maybe spit in the dessert while he's at it. :LOL:

Jester896

Senior Clown
Just odd that someone thinks they could they could enforce what is essentially a fine without going through a court.
I find it odder that someone believes he can't do this in his private property open to the public with a sign posted.

Why do you follow the rules here? The fine for not doing so is Banning:huh:

If you don't pay your bill... "Theft of Services" isn't it? That would be when the courts got involved.

What do you think would happen if the sign on his door stated, "Standing at the bar to eat is free. Sitting at a table is a $20.00 upcharge." you take your happy end to the chair at a table, eat, then refuse to pay the upcharge?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I grew up and my sons grew up going to church. We all knew if we didn’t behave there would be red impressions on butts.
Any public place deserves kids and adults to be on their best behavior.

tr21

He shouldn't limit it to kids. how many times have you been eating and have 2 or 3 different tables with a couple of sista's at each that want to make sure everybody listens to what their squawking ! each trying to be louder than the other and eventually screaming ! even though it doesn't happen up here often