My Hometown....

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I eat frequently at a buffet place.

The owner and managers have zero problem telling problem folks "This meal's on me, now get out, and don't come back!"

What a novel approach...

They also don't tolerate no saggin' britches.

The place stays packed, because the food is good...

Last edited:

SarahFair

Old man blows his nose while people are dining = $50 fine

Young couple drop F bombs in conversation in front of bratty kids = $100 fine

Couple stinks like cigarettes while I am trying to eat my Lobster = $75 fine

The thing about the restaurant HOA is it will get to you eventually.
The beautiful thing about the free markets is their policies will either make or break them

sinclair1

The beautiful thing about the free markets is their policies will either make or break them
I agree. I don’t like screaming kids and thankfully it’s less where we moved. For the most part you can just give people that can’t control their kids the stink eye and they will shut them up.

If it’s not a white napkin place and it’s just a bbq house, who cares. The people mad at the kid probably door dinged your car and peed on the toilet seat while they were there.

The fine is just for the viral impact, but if not it’s the same weakness the parents show by not controling the kids.
Most of the places down here will throw you out like railroader mentioned.

The fine is a Karen move and people would cry like a baby if their rude behavior carried a fine.

It’s not real anyway, just made up to get people on the “I am going there” train. Now you will have all the Blueridge people mad all the leaf lookers stopped in the favorite restaurant. :bounce:

They will throw out all the hill folk and start serving chai tea and crumpets

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
No fines for me. I would just throw the offending family out of my restaurant. Chuckie Cheese will welcome them I'm sure.

Core Lokt

I recently went to dinner with a family who's toddler was crying, screaming, and pitching a fit the whole time. If you just looked at him he started flailing on the floor.
The mother just blocked it out, the father was trying everything to soothe him, take him out, walk him around, and once the toddler calmed down bring him back in and it'd start all over again.

The mother just said, "I dont care, I just block it out, everyone else around us can just get over it.."
We weren't in McDonald's, but a restaurant where it's not unfathomable for a table with a family to be $300+.

It was incredibly rude, I was incredibly embarrassed, and would have LOVED for them to get fined $50 for their inconsiderate outlook on the situation :mad:
Will NEVER do that again.
I agree and feel sorry for the husband. Poor guy. Can't imagine what he has to put up with.

Jester896

Senior Clown
A person commits the offense of theft of services when by deception and with the intent to avoid payment he knowingly obtains services, accommodations, entertainment, or the use of personal property which is available only for compensation. (Code 1933, § 26-1807, enacted by Ga.

groundhawg

A person commits the offense of theft of services when by deception and with the intent to avoid payment he knowingly obtains services, accommodations, entertainment, or the use of personal property which is available only for compensation. (Code 1933, § 26-1807, enacted by Ga.
What kind of service would have been offered for a surcharge for a kid acting out?

Lilly001

No fines for me. I would just throw the offending family out of my restaurant. Chuckie Cheese will welcome them I'm sure.
Yes. If the behavior of your minions is so bad as to deserve a fine then we are way past showing you the door.:cheers:

Jester896

Senior Clown
Oh My! It made our local WALB Town and Country section on the 26th. He is a good business operator. It is on the bottom of his menu under Adult Surcharge: For adults unable to parent $$$

Shadow11

He fined tbe parents $50 for the unruly kids from what I heard on the radio. If I was a kid, and there was access to run down to the river and throw rocks and stuff, while the old folks sit in the restaurant and do the boring, rich adult thing, I'd probably be a guilty child.

They should make it the policy that it's not that kind of restaurant. There should clearly be signs, or something. Nothing wrong with wanting a white collar only type of crowd. Just make it clear b4 you add a $50 fine to the bill.

My biggest thing is the $3 fine for sharing food. According to the radio, if you are caught doing this they'll add a $3.00 fine to your bill. If you and your gal pal share a bite.... It's $3.00 added to the bill.

Again, if it's that type of 5 star restaurant, just make it clear before hand. By the pics of the food and prices I've seen......

No thanks! I'll take a $20.00 nc cheeseburger and fries in flip flops/t-shirt down by the creek any day!

bullgator

Maybe his menu warning should be “we don’t give out participation trophies, but we do add surcharges for misbehaving chilluns”.

I think it’s a bunch of garbage. I member being little and I was a dang hellyun. I member mama busting my tail and jerking a knot in me many times for screaming and throwing fits in places. You think it stopped me ? Nope ! Glad we didn’t have such a perfect society and mentality like today. Nah I don’t like kids screaming and acting a fool no more than the rest. But dang sometimes you just can’t house arrest your dang kids and family because your kids have behavior or mental health of hyperness etc.. I say if it bothers you take your rich butt some where else In atlanta with all your perfect self

Resica

I think it’s a bunch of garbage. I member being little and I was a dang hellyun. I member mama busting my tail and jerking a knot in me many times for screaming and throwing fits in places. You think it stopped me ? Nope ! Glad we didn’t have such a perfect society and mentality like today. Nah I don’t like kids screaming and acting a fool no more than the rest. But dang sometimes you just can’t house arrest your dang kids and family because your kids have behavior or mental health of hyperness etc.. I say if it bothers you take your rich butt some where else In atlanta with all your perfect self
Babysitter!

Lilly001

I remember once my Son acted out in a restaurant. He was maybe 5 or 6. And he was large for his age, like almost teenage size. So the Wifey and he exit together.
They returned in a few minutes with him as squared away as could be.
He never acted out again in public.
I never asked the Wifey what happened.