Need advice

Jimmypop

I am considering getting a medium sized, high capacity,double to single action 9mm. I found one I think fits and am wondering if anyone here has had experience with it. I know its a Taurus but I don't mind.

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_215624734_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230204_215624734_HDR.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 33

Buck70

Taurus had a recall on some of the pistols they manufactured a few years ago. Many returned defective pistols that were replaced with pistols that were all 9mm and a very cheap model (G2C). I returned a compact 45 acp and it was more expensive than the model I received. Search this site for Taurus class action.

Dub

Sig P229

HK P30

CZ 75

I can recommend each of these DA/SA pistolas. I've put a pile of rounds through each. Zero trouble. Reliable, accurate and solid companies with solid customer service.

A bit more pricey than whatever Taurus is offering this week.....but you'll be able to trust your life on them and there is a pile of ongoing support with replacement parts, new sights, magazines, etc, etc, etc. This ongoing support will be there for years.

Bobby Bigtime

Folks are going to naturally steer you to the higher end and that's understandable. Your choice is probably just fine and should serve you well but just my two cents worth I would look at the offerings from Bersa. I have been around several and they have impressed me they are an excellent. I am considering one right now

Robert28

I’ll be honest, I’ve never even heard of that model of Taurus. I’m familiar with the g3, g3c, etc but I didn’t even have a clue they offered a da/sa! News to me. My only da/sa handgun I have is an old p229 in 40 that’s got one of the best triggers I’ve ever shot.

transfixer

I am considering getting a medium sized, high capacity,double to single action 9mm. I found one I think fits and am wondering if anyone here has had experience with it. I know its a Taurus but I don't mind.

Go to youtube and watch a couple of videos on the pistol, specifically one by Graham Bates , he's a very knowledgeable guy, then decide

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I can't speak to that particular pistol, but I can vouch for the Taurus G2C.

I have two, one lives in each of my trucks.

Me and my gun dealer buddy took one out of the box, and ran 500 rounds thru it hard as we could go.

Ammo was mixed, and the little pistol ate it all with no problems.

I bought that one for $200 even, and had him order me another one.

He has sold a BUNCH of G2Cs, and none have come back.

I know there is a bunch of Taurus Hate out there, but I have owned several over the years, and they have all worked well.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've had the same experience that @Railroader has, and also have 2 G2Cs'.

Jim Boyd

I have two and both are fine.

Full size 1911 and 38 revolver.

If you are looking for a low cost unit that will likely serve well, go for it.

Many folks tend to think what they have is “the best” so that is what they suggest.

As note, I have two and they are just fine. They are not my “go to” but neither has ever had a moments trouble.

Dub

Correct me if I am mistaken…..but the OP is asking about DA/SA pistols, right ?

killerv

You life is worth more than trusting it with a taurus am I correct?

Heck, you can get a psa dagger for 299. Just run oem glock mags through it when carrying.