need some knappers assistance...

bam_bam

your points look good nuge how long you been at it now?

gadeerwoman

Those look great Nuge!! Thanks to all the response from you guys, I've had to enlarge my plan for the plaque already. Hopefully I can get the plaque done next week and get the little metal plate engraved in honor of you folks so I post a picture of the finished project. I hope my attempt at making the plaque turns out half as well as all the points you guys have sent me.
Proves yet again that there ain't no folks like Woody's folks!:yeah:

Nugefan

your points look good nuge how long you been at it now?

since the Chehaw Festival ....:cool:

I was always interested because of my great grandmother , but Nick took me over the top .....:banana:

choctawlb

Andy,
Nice work, you are well on your way. I can remember when I was where you are now, then one day when I was knapping , the flakes started shooting across the piece. Keep at it, it'll all come together for ya. Persistance, and a good teacher will get you there a lot quicker.
Ken

gadeerwoman

After trying several patterns to make my own, I decided to go ahead and get a readymade shadow box to display the heads. I have a couple weeks vacation coming up and I hope to get the frame stained and the display finished in my vacation time. Still am not 100% sure I want to use the premade box but I'm going to do one that I make from scratch and the ready made one and see which one I like best before I glue the heads down. I want the box to set off the heads to the quality they deserve!

Al33

I haven't looked at this thread in awhile and I sure was missing out. Great job folks on all the beautiful points.:clap:

No doubt Ms Sandra is going to have one awesome display when all is done. :fine:

gadeerwoman

Al, the pics don't do justice to these guys work. I hope my frame doesn't mess em up. I can't wait to post pixs of the finished product. I picked up an American Indian ceramic statue yesterday to place near the display box.

gadeerwoman

Got them into the frame this weekend. Decided to not even stain the frame as I liked the 'natural' look. All I have to do now is get a little nameplate that says "handcrafted by woody's finest" for it. Meanwhile, it's already on the wall in my den and thanks to all you great knappers, it's looks very good !!

Attachments

• arrowheads.jpg
    arrowheads.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 46

Nugefan

looks great Sandra .....:cool:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Very impressive!!

gadeerwoman

All I did was get the frame and mat and some glue. The real credit goes to my fellow knappers!! You are welcome to my campfire anytime!!