New bathing suit pistol

transfixer

Not going to incapacitate someone with a 22 by shooting them in the leg or shoulder, but one or two of the solids in center mass, ( assuming they aren't wearing a heavy coat) would put a hitch in their step, and a head shot or two will definitely do the trick.

in general people are easier to put down than most animals, unless they are hyped up on some substance, and plenty of pretty tough animals, such as hogs, put down by a 22 in the right place

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I have an LCP II in .380 that sees a lot of carry use... I have yet to see another pocket pistol that I'd rather have.

Been looking at the .22 version for a while and would probably get my money's worth out of it just by putting a few bricks through it and learning to shoot that tiny platform better.

menhadenman

I've seen YT videos of gel penetration with 90 gr. HP Buffalo Bore Ammo in .380+P. Not something anyone would want to get hit with. Gil
I carry those Buffalo Bore rounds out west where you'll want the penetration if the moment arises. The 357 and even the +p 9 mm are no joke. Haven't tried it in my 44 mag yet but bet it's scary.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My personal observation on squirrels, coons, rabbits, and coyotes is that the solids do as well as the hollow points and often better.
Yes, definitely. I don't hunt much with hollowpoints.

frankwright

I carry a Ruger LCP with a laser in my pocket always. I figure it will give me time to get to a real gun.
My wife has hand issues and even a 380 is painful. I bought her the LCP .22 and put a laser on it.
We go to the range and I have taught her, using IDPA or realistic image targets, to shoot 2 0r 3 times into the chest and if they still ate coming go to the eyes. She can wear a target out with the .22 and is not scared of it.
We also practice point and shoot but the laser gives her confidence.
We are shooting the Federal Punch ammo in it!

sleepr71

Humans can live a looong time after being shot multiple times with most handgun cartridges. Plenty long enough to shoot you back, stab you, etc. When using these pipsqueak cartridges…ya better stick to neck & head shots..and don’t let up till you run out of ammo..?

Waddams

I ended up going with the LCP 380 a few years ago because I found one on a great price deal. Before that, I'd been considering a .22 or .32 subcompact as well because they hold more bullets. Unless you hit the central nervous system, I don't think any of the .380, .32, or .22 options will be an instant manstopper reliably. I'd thought even with a .22, a bad guy won't be volunteering to stand in front of it and take one, and a few extra rounds in the magazine might be better than the bigger caliber. But like I said, what decided me in the end was the impact on my wallet.

menhadenman

Well, it looks like my love for blowing up critters with Stingers clouded my judgement. Did a bit of shooting last night and they don’t cycle reliably in the LCP II 22. Neither do the Aguilla super extras. The standard Federal Autos shoot great and cycle like a champ.

Looked into a little more and it looks like the velocitor might be the ticket - nice research by lucky gunner. I’ve got quite a few boxes of other ammo so will have to do more testing. Stingers won’t cut it in the pistol tho ?

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/the-best-22lr-and-22-magnum-ammo-for-concealed-carry/

menhadenman

A man should be able to trust his bathing suit pistol. Thang gotta be reliable.

Thats all I am saying before I get banded talking about size of said equipment….

My brother had his 22 mag derringer pistol that he picked up some time ago. Thing is so small it wants to jump out of your hand when you shoot it. I think it’s a 4 shot revolver, no trigger guard. I still prefer my G19, GP100, or 1911s, but the bathing suit pistol is pretty convenient for sun and fun.

Reactions: Dub

menhadenman

Tried a few more rounds out this morning:

1. Stingers and Aguilla Super Extra don't cycle.
2. Mini Mag, Aguilla Super Extra HP, and Winchester Varmint HE all cycled great.

I'm going to keep the Varmint 3/1 setmenting/expansion in the magazine for now. They look pretty nasty. Hope to see one of those stray feral pigs roadside so I can try one out.

Reactions: Dub