New Georgia Aquarium..........

dbodkin

After the rush... like a new BigBox Mart opening.... Maybe February 2006

specialk

i'll go fpr sure after the rush....been to the one in tenn. a few times and sea world in fla., but the way they talk this one will beat all.........

Ga-Spur

For a gift to all Georgians it is rather pricey. He is sticking it to us while he takes his nice deduction.

burkecoboy

Soon as the loan papers are signed. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thats rediculious.

GeauxLSU

Definitely. Probably buy us all annual passes. I really enjoy aquariums. I wanted to be an oceanographer as a kid. Always thought Jacques Cousteau had to have the coolest job in the world.
But I can not stand crowds. I'll either go during the week prior to year end or wait until a miserable weather weekend in Jan/Feb to go check it out.

Woodsong

I hate to say it, but i find that building ugly to look at! I sure wish they would have invested a bit more on the streetscape and architectural features.... Despite that, it will be neat to see it once open. The poor folks in Chattanooga will most likely see a reduction in their economy. Lots of folks from ATL went up there just to see their aquarium and now most of them will probably stay here in ATL.

dutchman

I'll probably go, but HT2's right. It is very pricey!

RCCola

I'll be taking the family later.

Pricey..............IMO when you thing about how much money one spends going to see a NASCAR race, Braves, Falcons or Thrashers for the tickets, food and anything else, or even going to the movies these days, which rare for us...............this seems like it is in line.

Pop

Dont know if I will make the trip. They wont let me bring my fishing pole. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Definately going to be worth the money. Have a friend who has been doing some of the electrical work. He says it is awsome

bettyboop

I can't wait to go, but don't like crowds, so will wait for a while to let the "new" wash off

huntfish

Keith48 said:
I'll go eventually, but not right away. I am a saltwater enthusiast with a reef tank at the house, so I will go, but like others said it will probably be after the first of the year.
Have you gone to the new saltwater aquarium next to the older one in Chattanooga? It opened May of this year.