New Miter Saw

snooker1

It's time for a new miter saw. I only got about 15 years out of my Makita 10 inch. I am looking hard at the Dewalt 12 inch double bevel XPS and second is the Ridigd 12 inch double bevel. I have used both of them and I like them both. Anyone using anything different that they are impressed with. Looking for sliding, 12 inch, double bevel.

DannyW

I had a DeWalt 12" slider, it's the only DeWalt tool I've ever had that I DIDN'T like.

Oh, it ran great and cut like the devil, but it had one annoying tendency that made me eventually sell it. When cutting at angles, the slide stop did not stop the travel before it ate up the backstop.

If you get a slider, I would suggest you check out the travel at all angles before you purchase.

naildrvr

I've got the DeWalt 12" slider that I bought in 1999. Still going strong.

hipster dufus

pro use? or homeowner/once a month use?i been eyeballing a hercules at harbor freight. have an old delta 10 in on a rigid stand. use about 6 times a yr. wouldnt mind a slider, but dont know how much use i would get out of ir

sinclair1

It's time for a new miter saw. I only got about 15 years out of my Makita 10 inch. I am looking hard at the Dewalt 12 inch double bevel XPS and second is the Ridigd 12 inch double bevel. I have used both of them and I like them both. Anyone using anything different that they are impressed with. Looking for sliding, 12 inch, double bevel.
Just cracked the box on a 12” dewalt today. It only has 8 hours on it but smooth and all the team love it.

snooker1

pro use? or homeowner/once a month use?i been eyeballing a hercules at harbor freight. have an old delta 10 in on a rigid stand. use about 6 times a yr. wouldnt mind a slider, but dont know how much use i would get out of ir
For work, need 12 in to cut trim over 5 inches and crown molding.