No bear ...but

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Took my daughter up in the hills this morning to a spot treecutter showed me back during archery season to see if we could get lucky and cross paths with a bear . We had a blast just walking and looking and talking . And y’all are right , my goodness at the acorns . We also had our fishing poles just to break up the day and have fun . I’d like to thank treecutter again just for showing me this area because I’d of never found it without him , caught my first trout and can’t wait to make it back . Y’all that live up in this area are very fortunate BE21913D-9990-40B1-8437-F04DD72C7DE6.jpeg3A878810-9377-4361-ABC5-91290A72CC30.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
That looks like a fun day and a nice mess of trout. Just a little advice for your next trip, don't put all the trout you and your daughter catch on the same stringer. Have one stringer for your daughter and one for you. It makes it easier if you get checked.
Thanks a lot , my first time trout fishing . We didn’t even have a stringer , my daughter found that one in the edge of the water that someone had dropped . When we go back I will have 2 , I shared in fishing forum also and someone else said the same thing . I’ve been reading the regs a little since learning this and can’t find it yet . But I do believe y’all

antharper

Staff member
Looks like y'all had a good time! Maybe next year be a little better to see a bear! If it don't cool back down I may have to get my pole back out.
I’ve got a few long weekends lined up off work for hunting and my daughter is already trying to talk me into going back and camping . I told her maybe next spring , it’s time to get after some deer

Doug B.

Thanks a lot , my first time trout fishing . We didn’t even have a stringer , my daughter found that one in the edge of the water that someone had dropped . When we go back I will have 2 , I shared in fishing forum also and someone else said the same thing . I’ve been reading the regs a little since learning this and can’t find it yet . But I do believe y’all
Creel and possession limits are per person. For Conservation Rangers to correctly determine compliance with these limits, each individual should keep trout or other fish on separate stringers or in separate creels. It is unlawful for one individual to possess more than the legal limit of any fish species.

This is from the Georgia Sport Fishing Regulations.
http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/fishing/
Look under general regulations.

Rabun

That is a fine stringer of trout! Those mountains are sure enough beautiful! A trout stream will melt your blues away. I shoulda packed my rod during prim weapons week. Fine trip y'all had. Thumbs up to treecutter

splatek

UAEC
Never at a loss for words.

HAHA. With a ten year old and a 3 month old it was about all I had time to write.
But really awesome. I love trout fishing! I love eating trout. Looks like y'all got into a mess of 'em. I would echo the other comments on here: Be careful with the one stringer. While most Rangers would give you a pass, a warning, and an education I wouldn't want that experience to be tainted by dad getting a ticket.
I saw a DNR LEO give tickets and confiscate fish on the hooch tailwater one time. Two guys were using two rods each and the one guy was much better. He caught 90% of the limit for both of them. Apparently the ranger had portaged his kayak not far and was watching. He came paddling in and I guess he told them he saw the one catching most of the fish... took the fish and wrote what looked like a ticket. He might have been tipped off, but none the less.

All that being said, I wish that stringer was at my house. I haven't eaten trout in a while and I've been craving it.

bany

What a trip for y’all! Nice pile of trout too!