Northern Zone baiting still alive

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Deal is not in the business of deer management. He doesn't know that our mountain deer require different management than Piedmont and coastal plains deer?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
First thought is, I think he may be making a hairball for the DNR to sort out.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Warning

Watch for flying portions of well beaten horse flesh !!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Deal is not in the business of deer management. He doesn't know that our mountain deer require different management than Piedmont and coastal plains deer?

No he isn’t in business of deer management... he’s just a outdoorsman and hunter that thinks like the majority, that it’s stupid that half the state can hunt over bait and the other half can be fined for it , don’t take those feeders back just yet !!!!

antharper

Staff member
So, all baiting will be banned?

It’s possible, but that’s not his intention, if it was he wouldn’t of stated that baiting in southern zone hasn’t caused any disease outbreak

JB0704

I Gots Goats
It’s possible, but that’s not his intention, if it was he wouldn’t of stated that baiting in southern zone hasn’t caused any disease outbreak

I read that too. I wish all baiting was banned. What good is your corn pile if there are 50 others within a mile of it. :huh:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
No he isn’t in business of deer management... he’s just a outdoorsman and hunter that thinks like the majority, that it’s stupid that half the state can hunt over bait and the other half can be fined for it , don’t take those feeders back just yet !!!!

The entire state can bait. One half can hunt right on top of the bait. The other half has to be 200 yds away from the bait.

Notice he didn't say how to get around this "Whereas":

Whereas: Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 27-3-9 and 27-3-15, the Board of Natural Resources is authorized to establish Northern and Southern deer hunting zones based on sound wildlife management principles; and

not to mention all the existing law that specifically references the Northern and Southern zones.

PappyHoel

Back when Cagle was on the natural resources committee he was anti bating for all of Georgia. He will be our next governor

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I knew a fella once who, when he climbed into his tree, realized his corn had been dumped 20 yards away and out of sight behind another tree. Fella climbed down, grabbed a stick, and moved all the corn 2 feet over so that he could see the corn............he had become so dependent on baiting that he wasn't comfortable unless he could lay eyes on the corn pile. This was in the NZ, and I reckon fella will be dumping his corn pile regardless of the governor's actions.

antharper

Staff member
The entire state can bait. One half can hunt right on top of the bait. The other half has to be 200 yds away from the bait.

Notice he didn't say how to get around this "Whereas":

not to mention all the existing law that specifically references the Northern and Southern zones.

I said half the state can hunt right on top of bait and the other half will get a ticket , I hope they do away with northern and southern all together

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I said half the state can hunt right on top of bait and the other half will get a ticket , I hope they do away with northern and southern all together

It has to make it through the General Assembly. The .gov and WRD can't just wave a magic wand and the zones are gone.

And we all pay the same license fees..

Sounds like Racism to me.. Making us Northern Zone folks sit at the back of the bus while paying for the same bus ride.. ::ke::bounce:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I knew a fella once who, when he climbed into his tree, realized his corn had been dumped 20 yards away and out of sight behind another tree. Fella climbed down, grabbed a stick, and moved all the corn 2 feet over so that he could see the corn............he had become so dependent on baiting that he wasn't comfortable unless he could lay eyes on the corn pile. This was in the NZ, and I reckon fella will be dumping his corn pile regardless of the governor's actions.

You could make some good reeb money off that fella.:cheers::bounce:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
And we all pay the same license fees..

Sounds like Racism to me.. Making us Northern Zone folks sit at the back of the bus while paying for the same bus ride.. ::ke::bounce:

I see it as ya'll northern zone folks are at the front and us southern zone guys at the back. We tend to have more fun in the back of the bus.We just want you to be able to sit where you want to.:fine:

I see it as ya'll northern zone folks are at the front and us southern zone guys at the back. We tend to have more fun in the back of the bus.We just want you to be able to sit where you want to.:fine:

290hz4.jpg