Not A Good Start to Wednesday

Tight Lines

Could your daughter have been bitten or stung by an insect?

Glad the young lady is feeling better now.
That was the first thought of course, but no stings or bites...so we still have no culprit...she is asleep and feeling better and hives and redness is gone...but with all the meds she got that's not surprising...so we wait and see...ER doctor didn't seem too concerned, says sometimes it's just environmental...

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
That was the first thought of course, but no stings or bites...so we still have no culprit...she is asleep and feeling better and hives and redness is gone...but with all the meds she got that's not surprising...so we wait and see...ER doctor didn't seem too concerned, says sometimes it's just environmental...
That sounds woke

Tight Lines

That sounds woke
I don't know about all that...so far haven't identified anything that may have caused this...no new meds, no bites, no stings, no peanut allergies, etc. She was outside at the lake getting ready to start her day...hadn't even had breakfast yet...so...

Tight Lines

And for those of you that need them, something I've learned now twice (today and for a camping trip) is that Epipens are not easy to find...we've been to a number of different pharmacies trying to find them...seems to be a shortage...

specialk

And for those of you that need them, something I've learned now twice (today and for a camping trip) is that Epipens are not easy to find...we've been to a number of different pharmacies trying to find them...seems to be a shortage...
yep my late wife had to tote one and i think had to be replaced yearly if not used.....our pharm had to order it each time.....glad shes better

Tight Lines

So far she has been completely out since we got home around lunch time...she looks a lot better, and isn't breathing heavily...crazy. She sounded like she had massive lung problems when they took the oxygen off getting out of the ambulance...

Tight Lines

Glad she appears to be getting back to normal. Not much else can scare me, but something happening to my kids.
True that. I'm a pretty even keeled guy, but when those ambulance doors opened and she came out, it was hard to hold it together...the only reason I was able to is that I knew if I did lose it that would scare her even more...glad today is behind us...just wish I knew what the root cause was...I don't do well with speculation and maybes...

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Try getting the pens from a mail order pharmacy. Put one in every place you think she might be.

Hoss

Glad to hear she is doing well. Never had a scare like that with our girls but I sure i would have been a basket case if they had needed an ambulance ride.

Tight Lines

Glad she is doing better. That is extremely scary as a parent.

My oldest son is 15 and he had eczema really, really bad as a baby and toddler. His skin would break out with hives easily around everything. We finally got him tested in middle school when he complained about breathing, and doctor confirmed an allergy-induced asthma. He is basically mildy allergic to every kind of pet dander and outdoor pollen under the sun. He does allergy shots every 2 weeks and so far they seem to help somewhat. I got his doctor to write us a prescription for an epipen just in case. You may want to consider a follow-up with an allergist just to identify allergies and see if they can catch somethign that might be off the charts.

Best of luck!
Thanks and hope your 15-yo is good too. We got the prescription for the epipen and she is going to an allergist. The epipen didn’t seem to help much which is why they called the ambulance which is kind of scary too. She has some skin allergies like your son (not eczema) but that’s a good call that they could be related.