November dove hunt….is it worth it?

BBQOutdoors77

I’ve got a paid hunt for late November and I’m wondering if it’s worth the drive south. For those who’ve hunted in late November, what kind of success have you had?

specialk

I know every year in middle ga i sit on deer stand and hear over 100 shots...dont know how many they pick up though....

spring

Very difficult to plan ANY dove shoot weeks in advance as most places have no clue what the bird numbers will be like until shortly before the hunt. Almost every shoot is dependent on the field having a good food source. If you happen to have a spot with lots of food after the migratory birds arrive, and of course it’s a field that birds historically like, you have a good shot at things going well.
Just going to a field at some random point in time is likely at best a long shot.
Will it be “worth it” for you? Find out what’s going on before finalizing your trip. Someone will be scouting the field and that person knows your chances.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A lot depends on the weather and cold fronts moving through.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I think November is better . Birds have just started showing up on my field . To many fields and crops being gathered the first season

ghadarits

I was at my property near Swainsboro October 26th -29th and there were more doves in our field than there were in September.
My personal mantra is you‘ll never know unless you go. Sometimes whatever it is turns out great sometimes not. You’ll miss some good stuff waiting on the perfect opportunity. There are some weather factors that will absolutely keep me from going but other than that… you’ll never know unless you go…..

au7126

Love me some cold weather dove shooting. Anyone locate one let me know. I am a member of the south Ga dove club and waiting for the season to open back up.

Jim Baker

Staff member
cooler weather usually gets the birds moving. They feed more.

Problem is they might be moving in or done moved out.

Doc_Holliday23

S Ga late hunts are often a lot of fun. Hard flying, fat migratory doves. And not 90 degrees.

But if the birds aren’t there it won’t be fun and no way to know that till right before.