Ocmulgee River in Juliette

Fisherman001

Has anyone ever fished the Ocmulgee River at the Juliette picnic area at the over flow dam this time of year? Just wondering if it’s any good there for catfish or bass. Thanks.

Josh B

I'm curious. I joined a hunting club a few miles away and checked that area out myself. I saw locals fishing but non reeling anything in.

Fisherman001

Hey Josh, I’ve only been there twice, both time I was bottom fishing targeting catfish. I only caught one 12” hybrid and that was last week. Last week when I went, I went just before sunrise and there were a group of kayakers getting in to go fishing. I left before they got back. Do you know of any good areas at Sinclair for cat fishing from the bank?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Sinclair has limited bank access. Dennis Station has some decent bank access and it owned by Georgia Power. But there is a boat ram there and it might be busy at times.

Also there the Lake Sinclair Recreation area on the upper end at Twin Bridges. it has some bank access from what I can tell from the boat when fishing the area

Fisherman001

Sinclair has limited bank access. Dennis Station has some decent bank access and it owned by Georgia Power. But there is a boat ram there and it might be busy at times.

Also there the Lake Sinclair Recreation area on the upper end at Twin Bridges. it has some bank access from what I can tell from the boat when fishing the area
Thanks Dutch for the info. I may look into the twin bridge area. I saw Dennis Station on satellite map. I also was looking at a place right at the Hwy. 16 bridge, it looks like there may be some room there. Thanks again.

snuffy

We used to catch tons of catfish at the Sinclair below the dam. Plenty of bank fishing spots.
If you fish on the bottom you will get hung up slot!

We used flat tail worms and used a cast net to catch shad.

hendpw88

Anyone fish up river from Juliette to Hwy 83? Deep enough stretch to run a jon and small outboard? Is the 83 boat ramp still having issues with break ins?