Ok.... i relented and did it

Havana Dude

I got the vaccine naturally. Tested negative twice, 4-5 days of flu like symptoms. 101.7 fever for about 14 hours, slept that off. Weakness, achy, headache, loss of taste and smell for 6 months. Yes, months. Antibodies confirmed by bloodwork. No shot for me.

snookdoctor

Do some deep research on what happens to an RNA virus when a MRNA (covid vaccine, which is a gene therapy drug, not a classic vaccine made from dead virus) is introduced into the host (us).

That may solidify the decision of those that have not been stuck.
I will never feel that needle!

o2bfishin

Do some deep research on what happens to an RNA virus when a MRNA (covid vaccine, which is a gene therapy drug, not a classic vaccine made from dead virus) is introduced into the host (us).

That may solidify the decision of those that have not been stuck.
I will never feel that needle!

I've researched it. Some I understood, some I didnt. So I called a friend whose team researches possible diabetes cures at a university. They got pulled off that to covid research at the beginning of 2020. Mrna delivery system has been worked on for many years. Covid was the push to put it to use. The messenger triggers your RNA to produce a spike protein, your body learns how to attack it. It does not change your DNA. For what it is worth since it has become so political, he is a staunch conservative. Biggest concern was that the mrna would clearly tell your body which cells to attack, and the wrong ones or additional ones not get attacked. That was ruled out pretty quickly. He didnt try to sway me either way, just said he had high confidence that it was safe. Any possible side effects are far less percentage than serious illness or death from Covid. And we know how small that already is. First go round I never felt concerned, was going to play the wait and see until fall. Watching the latest variant and how it behaved in Australia vs 1st go around gave me pause. I had a gut feeling I didn't have the first time. I had my second jab about 3 weeks ago. Hope it was the right decision, I feel good about it. I think there is much more of a chance we'll see mrna used in many more areas successfully than some unknown side effect that will cause problems further down the road.

Last edited:

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I know too many people that work at Dr's offices and hospitals that have told me to get the vaccine. The numbers that hospitals are putting out showing hospitalizations of vaccinated vs un-vaccinated is reason enough to get it in my opinion. Numbers don't lie.
It is literally a no brainer. There is now a new variant hitting, the Mu variant. Until everyone is vaccinated, we are going to be stuck in this rut.

Mandatory vaccinations are coming, you better believe it.

o2bfishin

It is literally a no brainer. There is now a new variant hitting, the Mu variant. Until everyone is vaccinated, we are going to be stuck in this rut.

Mandatory vaccinations are coming, you better believe it.

I hope not. Should be up to the individual. I don't think whether all are vaccinated or not will have any bearing on if it sticks around or goes away. Look at Israel. It can save your life or keep you from getting very sick though. Like Mark7mag said, numbers don't lie.

Last edited:

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
The numbers that hospitals are putting out showing hospitalizations of vaccinated vs un-vaccinated is reason enough to get it in my opinion. Numbers don't lie.

Actually, numbers can lie or at least mis-lead. You can make any number look bad or good, just got to have the right spin. Leanrt that in the first day in corporate world almost 30 years ago. This is no different

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Actually, numbers can lie or at least mis-lead. You can make any number look bad or good, just got to have the right spin. Leanrt that in the first day in corporate world almost 30 years ago. This is no different
I didn’t mean to get anyone tore up

Doboy Dawg

The numbers from the front lines here are not lying. This week at our small rural hospital the first three that passed this week 23yr F, 42yr. M, 68yr M, unvaccinated.

All ICU beds w/ vents full, young and old adults, unvaccinated. Ten overflow vents in use, one vaccinated. It’s a choice, it’s your body.

My best friends 17 yr. old son had Covid in March of 20. He finally tested negative after several months. He was tested positive this week, he’s sicker this time than the first. He’ll probably be ok, he’s young. Both his parents are high risk and unvaccinated.

My wife and son both work at our hospital. My 21 yr old son had it. All of the doctors and hospital staff I’ve met, are vaccinated, they aren’t gambling. They are begging staff to work overtime, our hospitals are full of Covid patients.

I talked with a friend of mine today, who owns a local pawn shop. It turns out he told me of a couple of guys I know, who are currently on the vent here, one of them is a 42 yr. old football coach, unvaccinated.

mark-7mag

The numbers from the front lines here are not lying. This week at our small rural hospital the first three that passed this week 23yr F, 42yr. M, 68yr M, unvaccinated.

All ICU beds w/ vents full, young and old adults, unvaccinated. Ten overflow vents in use, one vaccinated. It’s a choice, it’s your body.

My best friends 17 yr. old son had Covid in March of 20. He finally tested negative after several months. He was tested positive this week, he’s sicker this time than the first. He’ll probably be ok, he’s young. Both his parents are high risk and unvaccinated.

My wife and son both work at our hospital. My 21 yr old son had it. All of the doctors and hospital staff I’ve met, are vaccinated, they aren’t gambling. They are begging staff to work overtime, our hospitals are full of Covid patients.

I talked with a friend of mine today, who owns a local pawn shop. It turns out he told me of a couple of guys I know, who are currently on the vent here, one of them is a 42 yr. old football coach, unvaccinated.
So what you’re telling me is all this isn’t made up ? Asking for a bunch of friends and fellow GON members.

Doboy Dawg

So what you’re telling me is all this isn’t made up ? Asking for a bunch of friends and fellow GON members.

All I’m saying is this is the truth I’ve seen everyday since this thing started. There’s as much fake news as there is real news out there.

The fact is I’ve seen way too many people I know die from this plague. I wasn’t going to take the vaccine. That was before I spent five days in ICU, thankfully I didn’t have to go on the vent. The first 3 days was touch and go with that.

My wife wasn’t going to take it either. She was the last of 12 in her department that took it. When her boss asked her why she waited, she told him I was watching to see what happened to all my coworkers.

I was surprised when she came home and told me she took it. By the time she did take it the majority of the doctors and other nurses had taken it.

I only took it because exposure for me was guaranteed. Someone in my home was exposed to Covid positive people at work everyday of the week.

My son caught it at work, he’s young, it didn’t effect him much. After he finally tested negative, approximately 11-12 weeks, he took the vaccines.

All that exposure was Covid round One. I had a good idea this thing was going to mutate and linger, so I relented and took the vaccines.

Round one mainly was getting older and sicker folks. This round, variant Delta is getting old and young.

I see the stress everyday our doctors and nurses are under. Right now our hospitals are full, they are short staffed due to staff with Covid. Our ER is full of Covid patients. Now is an unfortunate time to have a cardiac event or trauma event.

True emergencies are triaged according to severity. It’s really sad because people are coming in the ER and there’s no room. Some have been treated in their car.

I could write about this everyday, but I’m not going to. It’s like beating a dead horse. I’m not getting my news from CNN, Fox, MSLSD, or Facebook. I’m getting it everyday from the front lines.

I’m tired of seeing people die that might not have because they thought a mRNA vaccine was going to turn them into a Zombie or grow a third eye.

mark-7mag

All I’m saying is this is the truth I’ve seen everyday since this thing started. There’s as much fake news as there is real news out there.

The fact is I’ve seen way too many people I know die from this plague. I wasn’t going to take the vaccine. That was before I spent five days in ICU, thankfully I didn’t have to go on the vent. The first 3 days was touch and go with that.

My wife wasn’t going to take it either. She was the last of 12 in her department that took it. When her boss asked her why she waited, she told him I was watching to see what happened to all my coworkers.

I was surprised when she came home and told me she took it. By the time she did take it the majority of the doctors and other nurses had taken it.

I only took it because exposure for me was guaranteed. Someone in my home was exposed to Covid positive people at work everyday of the week.

My son caught it at work, he’s young, it didn’t effect him much. After he finally tested negative, approximately 11-12 weeks, he took the vaccines.

All that exposure was Covid round One. I had a good idea this thing was going to mutate and linger, so I relented and took the vaccines.

Round one mainly was getting older and sicker folks. This round, variant Delta is getting old and young.

I see the stress everyday our doctors and nurses are under. Right now our hospitals are full, they are short staffed due to staff with Covid. Our ER is full of Covid patients. Now is an unfortunate time to have a cardiac event or trauma event.

True emergencies are triaged according to severity. It’s really sad because people are coming in the ER and there’s no room. Some have been treated in their car.

I could write about this everyday, but I’m not going to. It’s like beating a dead horse. I’m not getting my news from CNN, Fox, MSLSD, or Facebook. I’m getting it everyday from the front lines.

I’m tired of seeing people die that might not have because they thought a mRNA vaccine was going to turn them into a Zombie or grow a third eye.
Thanks for posting this. I hope people will finally take this stuff serious and realize that not everything that inconveniences us is a conspiracy . I also hope they realize it before it affects them or a loved one.

Qazaq15

Here’s my Pre-Med student, he started this career path six years ago. This photo was at work in our local hospital. He caught Covid at work and was vaccinated after the doctors cleared him. He works 12hr shifts Sat.-Sun and goes to college Mon-Fri.

I honestly don’t know why he hasn’t changed majors after Covid.
View attachment 1102030
View attachment 1102037My wife in everyday attire post Covid. Before Covid it was just scrubs.

If he can handle it now during Covid then its meant to be. Some people are truly born for it.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Just a thought. Da erf was flat until someone sailed around it.

There was a time when you would have been considered stooopid for believing it was round and now you would be considered stooopid for believing it is flat.

There are many other examples of this. Could this Messenger RNA thing be another one of these?

oldfella1962

Here’s my Pre-Med student, he started this career path six years ago. This photo was at work in our local hospital. He caught Covid at work and was vaccinated after the doctors cleared him. He works 12hr shifts Sat.-Sun and goes to college Mon-Fri.

I honestly don’t know why he hasn’t changed majors after Covid.
View attachment 1102030
View attachment 1102037My wife in everyday attire post Covid. Before Covid it was just scrubs.

hmmm......if she put on a crown she would look like the folks dressing up like the Statue Of Liberty for advertising and whatnot! :unsure:

earlthegoat2

I was vaccinated in mid January and got the second in early February.

I have caught COVID and am currently in the throes of it. No fever or headache but a small bit of the runs, coughing, runny nose.

Mostly congestion and a raspiness in my nose and sinuses. I went outside today to work on my mower. It’s a commercial stand up zero turn. I changed both belts and mowed my yard and felt beat. Wasn’t even hard work but I guess the sun and marginal hear got to me. I’m laying down doing nothing now.

Started showing symptoms a week ago Thursday. Lost smell and taste that Monday and realized then it must be the rona. Luckily I was in minimal contact with society and I always still wear a mask at crowded areas. Stores and whatnot. Hope to be back to work Tuesday.

leroy

Great post, do they see hospital situation or this wave improving anytime soon?

Qazaq15

I was vaccinated in mid January and got the second in early February.

I have caught COVID and am currently in the throes of it. No fever or headache but a small bit of the runs, coughing, runny nose.

Mostly congestion and a raspiness in my nose and sinuses. I went outside today to work on my mower. It’s a commercial stand up zero turn. I changed both belts and mowed my yard and felt beat. Wasn’t even hard work but I guess the sun and marginal hear got to me. I’m laying down doing nothing now.

Started showing symptoms a week ago Thursday. Lost smell and taste that Monday and realized then it must be the rona. Luckily I was in minimal contact with society and I always still wear a mask at crowded areas. Stores and whatnot. Hope to be back to work Tuesday.

How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking.

earlthegoat2

How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking.

38 and quite physically healthy in my opinion. Work out regularly, Before COVID, I competed in Highland Games and was in an amateur strongman club.

I am a heavy equipment mechanic and do landscaping on the side. I am very active.

i am not surprised to have contracted COVID even though I am vaccinated. My wife is a funeral director and she is very in the loop on vaccinations and the correlation with COVID morbidity. It’s just one of those things. I suppose the vaccination may have made my experience more pleasant than if I had not.