Openin' day

Big A

Well lets here 'um. How did everyone do? I was at the Redlands this morning and didn't hear a whole lot of shooting, nor did I shoot. Just wondering what it was like around the rest of the state.
Big A

slimbo

went to river bend, saw 4 wood ducks, shot a plastic bottle, and a basketball. thats about it. oh also burned up the wiring harness on my trolling motor.

bigunga1

killed a variety of 4....

went to river bend upper tract on sunday ...saw a grand total of three... no shots fired even though we had one sneak in and land ... i was busy talkin... ::huh:

slimbo

Bigunga1, do you hunt river bend often? We didnt see anything but it was our first time hunting there.

slimbo

grayhill

plenty of ducks...

with no luck. hunted a swamp off of west point lake saw 75+ ducks only got a shot at a few. Other hunters were between the ducks and myself and by the time they got to me they were to high to shoot....maybe next time..

bigunga1

slimbo,

it was mine and lightnings first time also...

we was going to stay at the coast for the sunday hunt but due to poor bird population we tried to find something closer to home... we should have stayed at the coast... :banginghe

was that you we talked to late saturday afternoon down at the lower tract???? henry co tags... 4 door truck... we was in the tan suburban... ::huh:

QuackAddict

My cousin and I went to Clark's Hill Saturday morning and shot 4 mallards where the Broad River comes into the lake. There were not very many birds at all. We just got lucky they came into our spread. Hunted a pond in Jasper Co Sunday morning and shot 7 mallards, 4 hooded mergansers and a wood duck. Two limits in Georgia!

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Went to Greene Cty. with my brother in law and shot three drake woodies (was waiting for in your face shots) sat am but we saw probably 50 or more! The guys up from us shot 10 total including some teal,mallards, and a merganser!

They also got a woodie with a band from MN! :clap:

Sunday we went to a different location and that was a bust with not even a shot fired!

Gage

goldentrout

Saw a lot of mallards, geese, and a few woodies. All most all of them went up a cove and not along the river. I would of helped if I had known that the cove was now washed out, and has about 20 feet of reclaimed water from the silt that had built up. I will know better next time, but still got two greenheads.

Big A

Man sounds like ya'll did alright even before the cold weather got here. I am planning on going to a swamp Wednesday morning in Clarke county, then friday am I am headed back to the Redlands. Going to try to head down river towards the big water this time. Good luck to ya'll this week and weekend. Let us know how ya'll did.

Latest posts