ossabaw jan/feb hog hunt

Supercracker

Nope. I figured I would have by now too.

Gonna call in a little while

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Some on one of the other threads had received notice of acceptance (with 1 rejection) and one guy had received a second rejection.

Supercracker

Ok, just to the region 7 people. There was a bunch of responses that did'nt get put in the mail til late friday afternoon after the mail ran. So a bunch of people won't be getting their letters til this week.

Campingman

Received my second rejection notice on Saturday (12/11). I applied for the January hunt, fist time ever receiving 2nd rejection.

Supercracker

the girl told me that they had over 800 people and groups apply this yr.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Sounds like it's getting to be as bad as when they first opened up the island to the hog only hunts. Took us 3 rejections to get picked back in 2000.:(

Supercracker

Is it really THAT good?

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
No where else in GA do you have such hunter success on hogs on a WMA. Even with the DNR killing as many as possible the population on Ossabaw still stays fairly high. The success rate goes up and down over the years, but it's certainly higher than any other WMA.

Chuck Martin

Good Luck! That's meant for the hogs since they'll have to be luck to stay away from the Martins!:D Hope you have a great hunt Chuck!

Well thanks Danny, Dallas just went and bought another cooler.....he said four big coolers weren't enough........I hope he's right! Let's see me and three redneck boys, five 135qt coolers, a bunch of de-boned hogs..........it don't get much better than that.

:yeah:

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Well thanks Danny, Dallas just went and bought another cooler.....he said four big coolers weren't enough........I hope he's right! Let's see me and three redneck boys, five 135qt coolers, a bunch of de-boned hogs..........it don't get much better than that.
:yeah:

Don't ya'll work yourselves do death cleaning all those hogs. I have found that coolers with wheels don't take 2 people to go and down that dock when fully loaded!:D

Jayrod

Oh...well Yeah, there is that:type:

Lets see... As you mentioned Bugs i.e. mosquitos that are merciless, sand gnats that find every possible orifice, arrive at the marina at 2:00am stand in line to get a ride at KilKennys for 7 - 10 hours only to find that you are #40th in area selection, or BYOB(Bring Your Own Boat), and pray it doesnt float away or get swamped in three foot waves while crossing the sound, trying to find enough firewood to keep a fire going for 4 nights...palmettos that are as thick as peanut butter...armadillos everywhere, gators, no toilet paper and only a two holer for 100 grown men, cold showers, leaky tents(count on at least one day of rain), sand spurs everywhere you try to sit, walk or lay, the deer are way to small and the snakes are way to big...I could go on and on ::ke:

Last edited:

mraburn

Well guys i have good news for the ones that get to go this year. They have hot water in the showers now as long as no one breaks the lines. I just got back from the DEC. hunt, the game warden told us that if the lines get broke then there goes the hot water.

SOS

Worried about showers? What kind of girlie men we have here? LOL. Will be several Trad Bowhunters of Georgia on the February hunt...although some of us will bring other weapons as well. I think all of us got drawn with one reject. Phew...didn't know the piggie hunts were approaching 2 rejects.

What a great hunt on one of the prettiest places in Georgia. Can't wait...