Our best videos from 2020

Fork Horn

Here's some of our best videos from 2020. It turned out a bit longer than I expected, but if you're interested, skim through them as some of the videos are pretty good. We're located in Union county so we don't see many giant bucks, but we're generally happy with the ones we see. Even after having trail cameras for many years, I still enjoy checking them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GAHUNTER60

Fantastic videos, man! Now for my questions?

Any idea what kind of collar that yote was wearing? At first I thought it might be some kind of DNR tracking collar, but when I enlarged the screen, it looked like some kind of trash he got stuck around his head and neck.

That was definitely a world class feline. It's easy to see how they are sometimes mistaken for their Western Brethren.

Is there a feeder suspended from a cable that that bear was swatting at?

And what's with that hanging vine? Is there some kind of scent you placed on it? Was that first deer a button buck or a doe going nuts trying to get at it?

Last question: can I come hunt there? :)

Fork Horn

Fantastic videos, man! Now for my questions?

Any idea what kind of collar that yote was wearing? At first I thought it might be some kind of DNR tracking collar, but when I enlarged the screen, it looked like some kind of trash he got stuck around his head and neck.

That was definitely a world class feline. It's easy to see how they are sometimes mistaken for their Western Brethren.

Is there a feeder suspended from a cable that that bear was swatting at?

And what's with that hanging vine? Is there some kind of scent you placed on it? Was that first deer a button buck or a doe going nuts trying to get at it?

Last question: can I come hunt there? :)

Thanks!

We are not sure what that coyote is wearing but feel certain that it is some sort of trash he stuck his head in and is now wearing. We’ve shot several coyotes the last few months but haven’t seen this coyote. We had pictures of him last week so he’s still around. Still hoping to get a closer look at what he’s wearing.

The bear was trying to get an ear of corn that I tied up in the tree. You can see he was eventually able to get it in one of the videos. He climbed the tree and broke the limb one night, which is also included in the video. If you look closely, you can see the ear of corn still attached to the limb when it falls. It might take a few rewinds, but you can see it. I was wanting to get a video of a bear up on his back feet and this worked perfectly.

There was nothing on the hanging vine other than the scent deer were leaving on it. I saw this (hanging a vine) on the internet and thought I’d give it a try and again it worked perfectly. Some deer would ignore it but many would check it as they passed it. Looking forward to trying this again in the fall. You’re correct, it was a button buck that was enjoying the vine so much.

As far as hunting here, you’d have to work that out with my son and he can be hard to get along with when discussing such things. I’m just lucky that he lets me hunt it a few times each fall. ?. In all seriousness, there’s lots of public land here and no shortage of places to hang a stand.

GAHUNTER60

Unfortunately, these old legs with store-bought knees are not the ideal wheels for mountain deer/bear hunting. I'll just stick to hunting my land in Morgan County, where the hills are little, but the bucks are big!

Heck, I turkey hunt in Dawson County, and it takes me two days of recovery for every day I spend in the woods! Getting old is definitely not for wimps (like me)!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great clips , those big toms got me even more ready for Saturday. Did y’all kill any of the bucks you had videos of ? That one 7pt is a mature hoss . And is that a corn field down by the old chicken house ? If so did you get to harvest any with all those bears ? Thanks for sharing , sure is a beautiful place you have .

Fork Horn

Great clips , those big toms got me even more ready for Saturday. Did y’all kill any of the bucks you had videos of ? That one 7pt is a mature hoss . And is that a corn field down by the old chicken house ? If so did you get to harvest any with all those bears ? Thanks for sharing , sure is a beautiful place you have .

Thanks. We did get a couple bucks off of the place but none from the video. Sure would like to have gotten one of the nicer ones from the video but it never worked out. It was still a good season just knowing that they were around. It is a corn field down below and we got lucky with the bears. I told my son that it’d never make corn with the bears around but they never came that far off of the hill. We were just lucky but don’t plan to push that luck and will plant a little different this year to keep more distance between the corn and the bears. We plant it for the deer anyway but was happy the bears didn’t ruin it in the summer. I suspect that it being so close to the building helped keep the bears away although by late summer they were very close a few times.

Fork Horn

Did anybody harvest one of those bears this year? At least one of those boars looked like a real good'un!
We never heard of anyone getting one close by. I agree, one of them is a real good one. To be honest, no one at my place has ever been very interested in shooting them. Of course there are to many of them, but it’s still fun to see them.