Over 175 rabbits this season

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Red and Broken New Zealand Meat rabbits.

I’ve put 60 in the freezer. Had 6 born last week.

San Juan’s dropped 18 out yesterday. Got a few young bucks ready to go to the freezer. Got a big rabbit fry coming up in a few weeks.

I think I’m about done for the season, ended up with 120 meat chickens.

8D9D29EA-8FCF-484D-80AB-8FAAB07D5CF3.jpeg9B6DA044-CD76-49B6-833D-19A7DA03AE58.jpegB6EC1E63-6F85-4409-8F1B-BDF140B00D9A.jpeg

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Any of y'all ever keep rabbits and chickens together in the same run with separate houses?
Yes I do occasionally in a tractor.

jrickman

Yes I do occasionally in a tractor.

I'm thinking about putting a few in a shared run, but with the ability to separate them as needed. In talking to a few folks I've gotten mixed reviews. The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that you don't want to attempt it with a rooster in the mix. Other than that, seems to be hit or miss in terms of success without animal drama.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'm thinking about putting a few in a shared run, but with the ability to separate them as needed. In talking to a few folks I've gotten mixed reviews. The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that you don't want to attempt it with a rooster in the mix. Other than that, seems to be hit or miss in terms of success without animal drama.
Just make sure you have plenty room is the main thing. I run meat chickens in a tractor and when my rabbits come off the doe at 6 weeks old I’ll stick those in there with the chickens. They’ll finish out on grass and pellets. I feed the rabbits after dark because the chickens will eat their feed too if there’s any light in there.

Last edited:

georgia_home

Never had haas and pfeffer!