Passport???

killNgrill

Any of ya'll applied for your passport recently? I went in to get mine about 3 weeks ago. I know it can take longer than that and i did not have it expedited.
Whats bothering me, is that i went to check the status online and put in my information, the system did not recognize my application. Now the system is down and i am unable to check status.
So i call the number to speak with a customer service rep.

1st call- 30 mins on hold, noone ever picks up (get the message we are experience unusual long wait times)
2nd call- 45 mins wait, no dice
I am actually on hold right now- and have been for about 10 minutes.
Did i mention i hate dealing with the gov't?
Has anyone else run into this problem or is it just me:confused:
Anyone have any suggestions?

bevins587

I recently applied and before I applied it showed the wait time was up to 4 weeks. They cashed my check about a week after it got there, but still don't have anything back and don't expect anything for a few more weeks.

secondseason

Retired Administrator
It took 6 weeks for me to get mine. Mine was actually in process in Louisiana when Hurricane Katrina hit. I sweated it but it arrived.

1776Flintlock

my son is getting his renewed.He paid extra (!) to get it expedited. Be interesting to see if that helped. Time will tell..........

quinn

i applied for my two fridays ago,paid to expedite it and got it this past saturday.they told me when i applied 7-10 days if theres no problems

marknga

GONetwork Member
We just applied for my youngest daughters and paid for it to be expedited and for the priority mail. We had a nightmare 2 years ago with my oldest daughters and wife ... ended up having to cancel their trip.

Good luck.

This is one of the areas where your Congressman usually renders excellent service. Look up his local office, give it a call, and also send him a letter in Washington.

Gentleman4561

Our family had to get ours expedited to get them on time. THe came in about two weeks

Passport status didn't update for me

Passport status didn't update for me either. I ended up getting my passport 4 weeks ago after a 4 or 5 week wait and the online service never did update my status..........go figure...........

DBM78

I got mine in 2006 took about 4 weeks. My dad and brother also got theres last summer and they both took about a month. Not many people know this but you can go I think its downtown and get a passport the same day. I will try to find the link.

DBM78

Found it its not in Atlanta is in Miami Fl or New Orleans. You can go and get a passport the same day at these offices.