Pellet Rifle

Deerhead

I have an RWS break barrel and a Crosman Pump. The Crosman is more accurate! It has a reasonable price tag too.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a .22 cal Benjamin. Now that I have removed some of the paint from inside the muzzle...I just may be able to take a squirrel now....need to check it again. If you leave them on the ground for food chain support I don't think it is considered harvesting.

I say go all in and get one of the ones with an air tank and is magazine fed. Some of them will take a deer if the caliber is big enough. Add a muffla and all you hear is the smack

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I use the Colibri for "silent target practice". They have no powder and only fire off the primer. They are getting hard to find but they work well..
I have a .22 bolt action rifle downstairs. I need a upstairs deck rifle. Might just buy another .22.
CCI CB shorts have plenty of oomph for tree rats, and make no more noise than a air rifle.

Ol' Skwull will carry those Colibri things off with him...

HIGH COUNTRY

I bought a 22 caliber rifle scope combo off one of the big air rifle on line sites. Bought an asssortment pack of different weight pellets to play with, some of them are pretty heavy. Forgot brand, it was not Gamo... Iwouldnt want to be shot by one!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 6

transfixer

I've got a break barrel Benjamin prowler 22 cal, not expensive , a little over a hundred now i think, plenty of power for tree rats, I've taken a few with it, its a full size rifle, little on the heavy side for a pellet rifle, but I guess that helps with stability

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
CCI Quiet-22's are no louder than a pellet gun through a 24.8" barrel. Part # 960.

B. White

We've got a break action Benjamin that is accurate, but reloads are slow and as mentioned above it is heavy.

I got what Midway sold as a blemished Benjamin Marauder semi auto a few years ago. I'm using a hand pump, since compressors for it were more than I wanted to spend. Pumping is a good workout, but I found if I pump after about 20 shots it takes 30-40 pumps to get it back to pressure and accuracy/velocity never seem to vary. I'd estimate I've killed 40-50 with it using cheap Crossman pellets and only had one run off that I think may have been hit. Semi auto is nice when they are chasing and you can pop a couple at a time. It is quieter than the break action. It is also heavy. Some of the better shooting now only come drilled and tapped and no iron sights, so you have the extra bulk of a scope.

If I already had a 22 that will shoot shorts and don't plan on shooting hundreds, that is what I would use. They are not cheap, but it would take a lot of them to pay for a pellet rifle. The CCI shorts out of my lever action aren't much, if any louder than pellets out of the break action pellet rifle.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
These are all from the 1980s .177, .20 and .22 cals. No squirrel has felt their wrath and lived to tell about it.
That 2200 Magnum is a beast..
20210301_161857.jpg

Last edited:

pacecars

I have a QB-78 that has a tube kit installed in .22 Cal that works well in squirrels. You can also get it in .177 but the .22 gives more reliable thump. It takes 2 CO2 cartridges. The tube up kit gaines about 100 FPS. It is ugly but works

pacecars

I have a QB-78 that has a tube kit installed in .22 Cal that works well in squirrels. You can also get it in .177 but the .22 gives more reliable thump. It takes 2 CO2 cartridges. The tube up kit gaines about 100 FPS. It is ugly but works. The rifle runs about $100 and the tune kit is about $40 or so

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I bought a gamo from TSC that can be louder than my 22 depending on pellet and ammo choice

It takes a man to break the action open too. But it is scary accurate