Picked this up

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
In Heard the deer won’t touch any kind of feeder!

I had my camera on a gravity feeder all year not 1 deer eating corn out of it!
They would walk beside it but never stop to eat.
Took the feeder out poured the 150 lbs of corn on the ground within 5 days had 6 different bucks and many does eating it!
353 pics in 5 days bucks were coming back 2-3 times a night!

If you haven’t tried Timber Time I would recommend it!

I also poured some of this below out with corn mixed in it, I thought we had hogs on our property they tore the ground up so bad!
Even after it turned to mush after all the rain they still tore it up!
The climate guard was the kind I bought!
1580266988675.jpeg

Blackston

FIrst interest shown ( I just ratchet strapped it wasn’t sure if this would be its forever home ) DFDDD179-BF26-45B7-8678-2456270E3DCB.png

Blackston

Almost..... They warming up to the big green monster I put in there stomping grounds D7D40708-8B6C-45F2-9508-B30CBBE97EF1.jpeg

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
You got a deal on the feeder.
Enjoy your little helper. He'll be grown before you can turn around twice.
Seems like yesterday my son was that age. He's now 16 & 6' 6".

Highintheshoulder

Is yours the recommended 42” that the maker suggests?
Yes, 8' 4x4 3' in the ground. Put hopper on top. I put the 6" pvc pipe to help keep the coons off it. They will still get up there, but can't stay hanging on long

Blackston

Thanks ..... your buck on the right looks like he’s got socks on

Highintheshoulder

Thanks ..... your buck on the right looks like he’s got socks on
I had a bunch of bucks eating out of the feeder. I let him and a 10 go to see if they can get a little bigger. Thats what we call him SOCK's

brownceluse

It can take up to four months to get them eating regularly out of any new feeder. It took my deer around two months to warm up to the banks feeder. I also moved a trough feeder to a location where I was pouring corn on the ground. It took 3 months to get them to eat out of the trough that they have been eating out of for years. They didn’t like it being moved. Deer are funny sometimes.

Highintheshoulder

It can take up to four months to get them eating regularly out of any new feeder. It took my deer around two months to warm up to the banks feeder. I also moved a trough feeder to a location where I was pouring corn on the ground. It took 3 months to get them to eat out of the trough that they have been eating out of for years. They didn’t like it being moved. Deer are funny sometimes.
Our deer must of been hungry, 2 weeks and they ate out of mine. I mixed rackemup and corn to start with.

flconch53

The only problem with those is bears will.tear them up. When I lived in Mars Hill I had permission to hunt bears on a deer club's property to try to discourage the bears. It gives you the goose bumps to see big muddy foot prints on the side of the feeder where a bear has been shaking to get more corn out

Elkbane

They work fine, but I have more coon and squirrel activity at my Banks feeder than I do on either of my Boss Buck feeders. After 4 years, the squirrels have chewed around the product exit hole on the inside almost enough to make the feed pour out on the ground.

Look inside before you pour in feed. Sometimes there will be a squirrel hanging out in there. I've had to dig one 2-day old dead squirrel out of mine before. And if you ever see a hawk perched on the top, its a good bet there is a squirrel inside.

The coons climb the pole, grab an outlet spout, hoist themselves up and sit on the spout, then rake feed out for their buddies....

Elkbane

Blackston

You were pretty close on your estimate..... First regular visitors 556D424B-FF07-414C-99A5-61A3B680C50D.jpegBB91C4F8-B27E-4731-8BDB-9DEA9D50297D.jpeg9D3F9367-6E25-4E28-9868-8FD040BD4029.jpeg