Please pray for our son!!

kmaxwell3

Some of you know my youngest child Hudson has been going Leukemia treatment since last March. He also has Downsydrome. We are in the ER at Egelston tonight for a fever and a bad cough. They are having problems accessing his port to do blood work to see what's going on with him. Praying it's nothing serious but won't know till we get blood work done. Please pray for him and all the children and families here in this place tonight. Also the staff here at Egelston. Merry Christmas!!

K80

Hopefully by now they have him accessed, however, anytime the ER has issues call the Aflac floor and they'll send a nurse down. Aflac overrides ER. There was several times ER wanted to follow their protocol which went against things we were told to never let happen to an Aflac patient, due to the astronomical risk for an Aflac patient, and the Aflac nurses were there in record time to correct ER doctors and put them in their place. This included making accessing the port a very stressful experience for the child.

When Grant was sick we spent every holiday in the hospital, never failed.

Hope it's nothing serious. Prayers

Merry Christmas from the Terrell's!

kmaxwell3

Hopefully by now they have him accessed, however, anytime the ER has issues call the Aflac floor and they'll send a nurse down. Aflac overrides ER. There was several times ER wanted to follow their protocol which went against things we were told to never let happen to an Aflac patient, due to the astronomical risk for an Aflac patient, and the Aflac nurses were there in record time to correct ER doctors and put them in their place. This included making accessing the port a very stressful experience for the child.

When Grant was sick we spent every holiday in the hospital, never failed.

Hope it's nothing serious. Prayers

Merry Christmas from the Terrell's!
We did that. They came down and got it no prob. Did a nasal swab and waiting on labs now. Good to hear from you Steve. Hope yall are well.

kmaxwell3

I just got home from ER. They admitted him to Aflac again. We have spent many nights there. So this is nothing new. He has RSV and his enzymes levels are up in his liver. They have been up for last few visits. But now they are high enough to be concerned. Could be a few things causing it. First thing is the Chemo he gets everyday could be the problem, or it could be Hepatitis from the blood transfusions he has gotten in the past. Also may just be from the RSV. I had to come home to do Christmas with my other kids so my wife stayed with him at Egelston. He will probably be there a few days till they figure out what is causing his liver problems. Please continue praying for him and all the other kids up there. That place is amazing but also not some where you want your child to have to go. Thanks again guys!!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I just got home from ER. They admitted him to Aflac again. We have spent many nights there. So this is nothing new. He has RSV and his enzymes levels are up in his liver. They have been up for last few visits. But now they are high enough to be concerned. Could be a few things causing it. First thing is the Chemo he gets everyday could be the problem, or it could be Hepatitis from the blood transfusions he has gotten in the past. Also may just be from the RSV. I had to come home to do Christmas with my other kids so my wife stayed with him at Egelston. He will probably be there a few days till they figure out what is causing his liver problems. Please continue praying for him and all the other kids up there. That place is amazing but also not some where you want your child to have to go. Thanks again guys!!
You have our prayers brother

Latest posts