Point to ponder

Dudley Do-Wrong

Luke 11:23
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Here is a point to ponder; Jesus states that you are either with Him or against Him. That tells me that there is no “in-between”, no gray area. All too often we see folks thinking that it’s OK to do certain things, those things that go against the teachings of Christ. All to often we hear folks saying that Christ is not the only way. And, all too often we see and hear folks that are just “Sunday Christians”.

Jesus made no stipulations, no exceptions. One cannot say that they believe certain parts of the Bible but disregard those parts that don’t fit into their life-style, and then say they follow Christ. Sure, being human we are sometimes going to fail, but being “with Christ” is based on the spiritual condition of one’s heart. It’s not like a piece of clothing that we can take off and on, it’s 24/7, 365 days a year, every year.

So, evaluate yourself, take measure of your own heart. Are you with Him or against Him?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Thats a good point David

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Branchminnow said:
Thats a good point David
Branch I totally disagree that that is a good post. It seems to me that those who have found God should be making more of an effort to "recruit" the lost souls out there and help them back to the fold

The "if you're not with me you're against me" attitude is out of line. A Christian is no different from a Muslim if this is how they go about expressing love!

Just my opinion - I will not debate the issue further:cheers:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
David,

Your point is well taken. I have no doubt that Jesus is Christ and that my relationship with Him has saved me! I still am working on my ability to lean on Him and away from my own flesh.

BTW, ta-ton-ka-chips, the scripture does not relate a Christain's attitude towords the world. It relates Christ's attitude to those who have heard his promise and do not accept it fully.

That aside, we are called to share the good news with those who have not heard it. We are not called to debate with those who have heard the Good News and made the conscious decision not to believe and accept.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Jeff Young said:
David,

Y
BTW, ta-ton-ka-chips, the scripture does not relate a Christain's attitude towords the world. It relates Christ's attitude to those who have heard his promise and do not accept it fully.
Thats what i was meaning because I thought (I was wrong again) folks would know that in the end this scripture is very plain when it comes to where you are going, heaven or He!!

SBG

Ta-ton-ka chips said:
The "if you're not with me you're against me" attitude is out of line.

So, you believe Christ was out of line when He said that?:eek:

Dudley Do-Wrong

Well ta-ton-ka, I did not make up the Scripture, you are welcome to look in your Bible and see for yourself. I personally am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ and I am not ashamed to advocate His teachings.

ilikembig

And with that said I cant help go back to

Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

In the grand scheme of it all, that is what is taking place.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Matt 10:24-38
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Once again, Jesus not pulling any punches.

Dixie Dawg

David Mills said:
Matt 10:24-38
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace,

:offtopic: Not to derail your thread, David... if you would rather open another one I understand... but if Jesus made this statement, why is he called the Prince of Peace?

Always did wonder about that..... and you will probably say you expected me to ask this question :bounce: :love:

Hugs!
Kerri ;)

Dudley Do-Wrong

No Kerri, I think your question is well in line and warrants discussion. Jesus’ statement does seem to contradict being called “Prince of Peace”. I am going to reply with my own opinion based on what God presses on my heart.

The Jewish people of that day were rich in tradition and teachings. Jesus was saying that His teachings was going to bring a whole new perspective to what they had been taught for many generations. It is human for people to cling to tradition and would be difficult for them to let go, some would and some would not. This would affect all levels of society even down to the family unit. Jesus’ “revelations” would cause dissentions within families because some would accept and some would reject Jesus and His teachings.

This goes right along with Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I remember in American history class when we studied the War Between the States; brother fought against brother, father against son. This is similar to the subject discussion.

SBG

Dixie Dawg said:
:offtopic: Not to derail your thread, David... if you would rather open another one I understand... but if Jesus made this statement, why is he called the Prince of Peace?

Always did wonder about that..... and you will probably say you expected me to ask this question :bounce: :love:

Hugs!
Kerri ;)

It is the same as when the allies defeated the Nazis. To the nazis, the allies certainly didn't bring peace; but I would imagine that the prisoners of the concentration camps sure thought so.

I guess it all depends on what side of the fence you are on.:)

Latest posts