Post covid effects

Core Lokt

Got it in August of 21, lost smell for 4-5 days, that's it. Got it again in July of 22, felt bad for about 5-6 hours one day. Ever since the 21 episode I do not get hungry. Force myself to eat when my stomach hurts from hunger pains. Today I forced myself to eat half of a 6" sub and couldn't eat anymore. Smell is still about 60%. Saw on the news tonight some of the long lasting effects people are having. Both were on the list. It stinks to not be hungry, I love to cook but it is hard to when you aren't hungry. I used to eat 2 if not 3 meals a day prior.

Anyone have any lasting effects that had covid?

Ive had it twice! Last time was over a year ago and my taste and smell has never returned to normal. Probably never will. Its about 50% what it was before.

ClemsonRangers

i had spots in my lungs that took about a year to go away

my sugar shot way up for a while

everything is back to normal now, feel 100%

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
No I can’t say that I have. I was around lots with it. Even my wife and daughter. Took care of them. Was a little tired like once. They got tested and so did I. Every test came up negative.
Hope everything gets back to normal with you.

Toliver

Ive had it twice! Last time was over a year ago and my taste and smell has never returned to normal. Probably never will. Its about 50% what it was before.
That's me. I had it twice confirmed and once I think before we knew about it here in the states (December 2019). I was bad sick twice. The middle one in 2021 was by far the worst. My taste and smell were gone completely for weeks and has yet to return to normal. My chiropractor just wanted to test me one day. She held up an essential oil to my nose. I made a face and said it smelled like dirty socks. It was peppermint. It ain't that bad now but it still ain't right.

Kev

I couldn’t taste bourbon for many months, so I drank extra. Also, I don’t look forward to meals like I use to.

Worley

I had it in Aug 21, lost taste and smell until a month or so ago, out of no where my smell came back…almost immediately however it’s much fainter than pre-Covid. I can smell gasoline for instance but just enough to sense it, with a gas cap off….

oldfella1962

What is the science behind losing your sense of smell & taste from Covid in some people? Does the virus damage the nerves involved in smell/taste, your brain processing smells, or what? When you got Covid did the doctors explain any of this? Just curious because nobody in my family got it so I couldn't ask any medical questions.

DSGB

What is the science behind losing your sense of smell & taste from Covid in some people? Does the virus damage the nerves involved in smell/taste, your brain processing smells, or what? When you got Covid did the doctors explain any of this? Just curious because nobody in my family got it so I couldn't ask any medical questions.

I've read that it is caused by a drop in nasal zinc level.

alphachief

Had it twice. First time in January of ‘21 lost taste and smell. Taste came right back, smell has never been the same. I can smell but some things smell different. Oddly enough, it’s things that smell bad that don’t smell the same.

oldfella1962

I've read that it is caused by a drop in nasal zinc level.

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

SarahFair

I think I had it December of 2019.
It was so bad I couldn't make it from the bed to the bathroom without having to lay on the bathroom floor from being so worn out, out of breath, and dizzy.. all in all, maybe 15 feet.

I never bothered going to the doctor though, just thought it was a sickness that would pass.

I was confirmed with in April of 2020 or 21.
I lost my sense of smell for 1 day, but it came back.
Only other symptoms were extreme fatigue and allergy like symptoms. I actually thought it was allergies until I lost my sense of smell, which came a day or 2 after the allergy like symptoms, and I wouldn't have even given that much thought if my youngest wasn't home from school on quarantine.
After that one day of allergy symptoms, I felt fine.

I'd say lingering side effects are sometimes my lungs feel odd, like I can't get a full breath, or the thought of running puts doubts in my mind that my lungs could handle it.
I've run many times since, but I haven't been able to go over a quarter mile without wanting to lay on the ground gasping for air like a fish out of water :biggrin2:
...I've never been a long distance runner, but this feels different.

Core Lokt

I asked my Dr about not being hungry and covid. He said to this day they are learning more and more side effects and they don't effect everyone the same. Same with vaccine shots for covid. Mostly in men and I didn't get any of them.

Cmcharles

July/august 21, January 22, Sept 22

Lost smell in 21, bad smells have never been right since.
I have also had digestive issues starting around October of 21 and still ongoing.

BriarPatch99

Five days in ICU Nov.2019... smell is about 50% ... taste may be less than that ...

I loved pork BBQ before .... I can eat it ....but can pass on it as it taste nothing like it used to....loved Cokes....taste worse than standing ditch water ...

buckpasser

After my first infection I lost smell completely for almost a year. Now I have good days and bad. Taste or appetite was never effected. I suffered from very reduced energy and stamina for a few months after round 1. The other rounds have just been cold like, with less time to rebound.

I saw a thread a while back picking on it, but I do feel anxious more than I ever did before. Not sure if it’s a physical deal or all the deaths I went through around that time. As mentioned, we probably don’t know much about what it did/is doing to us just yet.

Core Lokt

After my first infection I lost smell completely for almost a year. Now I have good days and bad. Taste or appetite was never effected. I suffered from very reduced energy and stamina for a few months after round 1. The other rounds have just been cold like, with less time to rebound.

I saw a thread a while back picking on it, but I do feel anxious more than I ever did before. Not sure if it’s a physical deal or all the deaths I went through around that time. As mentioned, we probably don’t know much about what it did/is doing to us just yet.
My wife is dealing with anxiety more now and that is one thing that my Dr mentioned as well they are seeing in people. it's crazy.

Hillbilly stalker

Me and my wife both had it at the same time last year. Neither of us lost our sense of smell or taste or appetite. Both my ears have rang constantly since I had it, I guess it’s here to stay. I am also short winded from it. My wife started losing hair after having it. She is on some prenatal vitamins now and her hair is recovering. I think it will be many many years before we understand just how much it has effected people. And many many more years before the truth comes out about the jab.

Shotgun1

It seems to affect all people a little bit differently. I had it in the fall of 21. still don't have any energy,don't get hungry,taste is still not normal and worst of all most of my hearing went away on about the third day. Still hanging in there but it is a different world. It is discouraging at times but at 88 I've had a pretty good run. I will just try to enjoy what comes down the pike from here on in. Camille makes it all worthwhile.